+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

zykovama

May 22, 2015
I've applied for Study permit extension online on May, 8 and just received it on June, 12. I was quite surprised because I was relying on what the CIC website says about processing times "88 days".
Now waiting for PGWP to get approved (fingers crossed). hoping to receive the update soon.

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
zykovama said:
I've applied for Study permit extension online on May, 8 and just received it on June, 12. I was quite surprised because I was relying on what the CIC website says about processing times "88 days".
Now waiting for PGWP to get approved (fingers crossed). hoping to receive the update soon.
Wow, that's quick bro,

so lucky are u, and happy for u!

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
zykovama said:
Thats great news zykovama!! I'm happy that you received the extension :)

I read on another thread that another person who applied on April 15 (same date as me) got her permit extension even though CIC website shows that they are still working on March 15 apps (as per June 12 update). It makes no sense at all!

Is there anything we can do to check if everything is ok?

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
I applied for study permit extension on may 15.

I pray cic reply me on time......tired of waiting to invite my husband on visitor visa.
I got a mail last week that my application has not been update since I log in last....really dont understand this but hope for the best soonest.

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
There have been no updates to your application since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience.

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
harbee said:
There have been no updates to your application since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience.
Yes, I got this email too, twice already. But no update for my application submitted on April 15.

harrydang

Apr 12, 2015
I applied on May 10 and still nothing...Last year, after 2 weeks I got new Sp. This year, maybe 2 months...

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harrydang said:
I applied on May 10 and still nothing...Last year, after 2 weeks I got new Sp. This year, maybe 2 months...
Sums it up pretty much. It only took 1 week to get my SP approved last year. I've submitted mine on May 24th and still nothing.

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
Hi guys,

mine is a change of status from work permit to study permit. my application date is may 17th. I read that someone with may 15 date got it already! thats cool! Congratulations to all who got SP.

I have an unavoidable situation back home in India, and I need to travel in July for may 2-3 weeks. I have a multiple entry temp visa with validity until april 2016, and OWP. Can I travel and return safely in july while my SP is in processing? i tried calling the cic agent,but they didnt give a clear answer. It would b great if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance
Anusree

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anusreesub said:
Hi guys,

mine is a change of status from work permit to study permit. my application date is may 17th. I read that someone with may 15 date got it already! thats cool! Congratulations to all who got SP.

I have an unavoidable situation back home in India, and I need to travel in July for may 2-3 weeks. I have a multiple entry temp visa with validity until april 2016, and OWP. Can I travel and return safely in july while my SP is in processing? i tried calling the cic agent,but they didnt give a clear answer. It would b great if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance
Anusree
You should be fine.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
If anyone from May gets it, do update here.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012