+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit extension within canada

Matty0505

Aug 30, 2014
hi,
I took two semesters off continuously which were winter 2014 and summer 2014, i had to take summer 2014 semester off because i was in india and i gave my passport for renewal. But now i am attending fall 2014 semester and my study permit is expiring on 30 novemeber 2014, so is it going to be any problem in my study permit extension? as i took 2 semesters off continuously.

Thank you

ibnbatuta

Jun 24, 2014
I remember some persons having renewed the study permit after semester off while some others experienced difficulty in renewing the study permit in somewhat similar situation .You can search this site.

I think if both the terms you were outside canada then perhaps you can explain it to the visa officer. However if for one term you were in canada and not enrolled or on regular course vacation the visa officer may create problem. Somehow try to prove that you were not working during the time you were in canada. The general presumption ( which many a times may not be correct ) is that one is working if not enrolled . So the visa officers in the first instance will assume it unless you are able to explain it otherwise.

On a different scale I think you blew your chance for PGWP by not being regularly enrolled full time. So if that is your aim then I think you may consider changing your course and starting afresh ( I am not very sure ). Seniors can guide on this.