+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension (What would the Reasons for Refusal be)

LeighNewBEE

Feb 11, 2016
Hi All

I am currently studying at a DLI (Mount Royal in Calgary) and will not have completed my course by the time my study permit ends (end of August 2016). I know I am eligible to extend my study permit I plan to extend early, so that if anything happens I will have time to correct it.

Just so that I cover all my basis, what are the reasons that one might get a refused study permit extension?

Does anyone know how much in funding will be required for an extension of an additional semester? Most of my funds are in Brazil, can I use this to prove my financial support?

Any guidance will be greatly appriciated! ;D

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could be refused if the letter from the registrar's office says you went part time. You will need proof that you are in school full time and the registrar's office will provide you with a letter stating this.

If you have some kind of a criminal record and have been charged. Thats the few I could come up with.

I don't think you need ridiculous money in your account to renew your study permit.

In my time I would renew my study permit with $1,500 in my bank account easy. All I did was attach my bank balance.

Hope it helps.

LeighNewBEE said:
Hi All

I am currently studying at a DLI (Mount Royal in Calgary) and will not have completed my course by the time my study permit ends (end of August 2016). I know I am eligible to extend my study permit I plan to extend early, so that if anything happens I will have time to correct it.

Just so that I cover all my basis, what are the reasons that one might get a refused study permit extension?

Does anyone know how much in funding will be required for an extension of an additional semester? Most of my funds are in Brazil, can I use this to prove my financial support?

Any guidance will be greatly appriciated! ;D

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Papa Bomboy said:
You could be refused if the letter from the registrar's office says you went part time. You will need proof that you are in school full time and the registrar's office will provide you with a letter stating this.

If you have some kind of a criminal record and have been charged. Thats the few I could come up with.

I don't think you need ridiculous money in your account to renew your study permit.

In my time I would renew my study permit with $1,500 in my bank account easy. All I did was attach my bank balance.

Hope it helps.

You should be good if charged but with no conviction.

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
do anyone has idea about stayed criminal charges. How stayed criminal charge effect to renewal of my study permit. anyone has suggestions and faced this type problem before ? greatly appreciated for your help.

thank you