+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENSION REFUSED. NEED HELP.

jasdeep92

Jan 20, 2018
Here is my whole story. It may sound shocking to most of you, but it is what it is. I came to canada on study visa in 2012 and enrolled in my first semester, after that i changed my college and enrolled in 2 semester but because of mental health issues i fell into depression amd social anxiety. I didnot feel comfortable aroung large masses of people. Because of this situation i stopped attending college and started seeking medical help. In 2014 my study permit was due to expire so applied for extension with proper medical documents and was granted an extension for 2 years, but again i couldn't attend tge school because of my situation. It seemed to get worse. I did nothing during another 2 years. I didnt even work. i was just paying visits toy doctor and staying home. Then in 2016 i felt confident enough to join the college and took admisiion in wi ter 2017 semester but tge extension was refused. I applied fpr Gcsm notes and the officers reason of refusal were not pursuing first two programs of study and not enough financial support. I only paid the semester fees and attached the medical note that i feel confident now to start the classes. I losty status as student and applied for restoration to visitor. Right now i have visitor visa valid till sep 15. I need some advice here that should i go for study permit again by showing financial backup and trying my best to explain the situation that my mental heath was not good at that but now i feel much better. Any kind of advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

jasdeep92

Jan 20, 2018
These are the officers actual reasons as per gcsm notes.
The client has already held two different studies permits one from 2012 to 2014 to study in computer systems technician program and one from 2014 to 2016 to study in sheridans electronics engineering texhnician. The client completed neither of these courses citing that he had been suffering from severe depression. He submitted a letter from a physician who had been treating him for the depression, anxiety and social phobia, which makes it difficult for him to be in large crowds. He did not attemd classes becauae of these reasons. He now claims that he is feeling stronger and better and prepared to study to fulfil his dream of studying in canada.However by not actively pursuing his first two programs of studies ,he was actually violating R2201a and b. The client also did not provide very stromg financial evidence that he has sufficient funds to continously support himself.He has paid his tuition for the year and showed a paid statement to that effect, however no other financial information was provided to show how he would be able to support himself for a lomger study period.For these reasons, i am not satisfied the client is a serious student capable of completing a program of study within an acceptable period of time. Application refused.

Please let me know of its worth giving any try at study permit again by providing stromg financial sources and medical documents. Thanks

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
Hi there

I just wanted to know that i am going to extend my study permit .currently i am enrolled in spp college..but i was charged and guilty in some case in canada...will there be any problem in extension of visa and permit?

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
These are the officers actual reasons as per gcsm notes.
The client has already held two different studies permits one from 2012 to 2014 to study in computer systems technician program and one from 2014 to 2016 to study in sheridans electronics engineering texhnician. The client completed neither of these courses citing that he had been suffering from severe depression. He submitted a letter from a physician who had been treating him for the depression, anxiety and social phobia, which makes it difficult for him to be in large crowds. He did not attemd classes becauae of these reasons. He now claims that he is feeling stronger and better and prepared to study to fulfil his dream of studying in canada.However by not actively pursuing his first two programs of studies ,he was actually violating R2201a and b. The client also did not provide very stromg financial evidence that he has sufficient funds to continously support himself.He has paid his tuition for the year and showed a paid statement to that effect, however no other financial information was provided to show how he would be able to support himself for a lomger study period.For these reasons, i am not satisfied the client is a serious student capable of completing a program of study within an acceptable period of time. Application refused.

Please let me know of its worth giving any try at study permit again by providing stromg financial sources and medical documents. Thanks
Hi there

I just wanted to know that i am going to extend my study permit .currently i am enrolled in spp college..but i was charged and guilty in some case in canada...will there be any problem in extension of visa and permit? Please rply asap

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there

I just wanted to know that i am going to extend my study permit .currently i am enrolled in spp college..but i was charged and guilty in some case in canada...will there be any problem in extension of visa and permit?
Yes, there can certainly be a problem. If you have been convicted of a crime in Canada, you are likely criminally inadmissible and can expect a refusal and an order to leave Canada.

Last edited:

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
Yes, there can certainly be a problem. If you have been convicted of a crime in Canada, you are likely criminally inadmissible and can expect a refusal and an order to leave Canada.
I am at probation sentence...if they should have a mind to deport me ..then why didnot they do at the time i was convicted? How can they refuse my study when i am in middle of it..what about my fees?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am at probation sentence...if they should have a mind to deport me ..then why didnot they do at the time i was convicted? How can they refuse my study when i am in middle of it..what about my fees?
What crime did you commit?

The criminal system is separate from the immigration system, so deportation is not immediate, especially for less serious crimes.

They don't care if you are in the middle of your studies. Your fees would likely be lost.

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
What crime did you commit?

The criminal system is separate from the immigration system, so deportation is not immediate, especially for less serious crimes.

They don't care if you are in the middle of your studies. Your fees would likely be lost.
I was convicted of theft over 5000cad....so there are no way i can stay in canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But one of my friend was charged driving with alcohol which is also a serious offence..but he got extension with studu permit
Either he lied or he got a good lawyer and had the charge reduced. If it is the former, then he can expect big problems if he applies for PR.

Reactions: PARAM-

Wahegurudeol2499

Apr 22, 2018
Either he lied or he got a good lawyer and had the charge reduced. If it is the former, then he can expect big problems if he applies for PR.
It means I also have a chance if i can get to a good lawyer.....what about inadmissibility overcome..there are also certain ways to overcome criminal inadmissibility

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It means I also have a chance if i can get to a good lawyer.....what about inadmissibility overcome..there are also certain ways to overcome criminal inadmissibility
You said that you have already been convicted. The time to get a good lawyer would have been BEFORE conviction...

You don't have a compelling reason to be in Canada, so you will not get a TRP.

Reactions: Bola32