+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENSION REFUSED. NEED HELP.

need_help123

Jul 28, 2018
Here is my whole story. It may sound shocking to most of you, but it is what it is. I came to canada on study visa in 2012 and enrolled in my first semester, after that i changed my college and enrolled in 2 semester but because of mental health issues i fell into depression amd social anxiety. I didnot feel comfortable aroung large masses of people. Because of this situation i stopped attending college and started seeking medical help. In 2014 my study permit was due to expire so applied for extension with proper medical documents and was granted an extension for 2 years, but again i couldn't attend tge school because of my situation. It seemed to get worse. I did nothing during another 2 years. I didnt even work. i was just paying visits toy doctor and staying home. Then in 2016 i felt confident enough to join the college and took admisiion in wi ter 2017 semester but tge extension was refused. I applied fpr Gcsm notes and the officers reason of refusal were not pursuing first two programs of study and not enough financial support. I only paid the semester fees and attached the medical note that i feel confident now to start the classes. I losty status as student and applied for restoration to visitor. Right now i have visitor visa valid till sep 15. I need some advice here that should i go for study permit again by showing financial backup and trying my best to explain the situation that my mental heath was not good at that but now i feel much better. Any kind of advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Jasdeep i am in a similar boat as you were..did it work out for you?are you still in canada or did you leave?would be really appreciated if you could reply.. thanx

James1226

Apr 17, 2019
Hi i am currently studying an associate of science degree in canada but would like to change field of study. The thing is that the program that i will be switching to is a bachelor of businesss and i am only on my second semester of associate science. My study permit will expire on december 2020. The bachelor will be for 4 yrs. I will be switching during the spring/summer 2019 n will apply for an extention then. What r the chances of my extention being refused?
N if it is refused what should i do next?

thx

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hi i am currently studying an associate of science degree in canada but would like to change field of study. The thing is that the program that i will be switching to is a bachelor of businesss and i am only on my second semester of associate science. My study permit will expire on december 2020. The bachelor will be for 4 yrs. I will be switching during the spring/summer 2019 n will apply for an extention then. What r the chances of my extention being refused?
N if it is refused what should i do next?

thx
why would it be refused? I got my study permit extended after transfer from course based masters to thesis based masters. Why would they not extend your study permit? I dont understand

James1226

Apr 17, 2019
why would it be refused? I got my study permit extended after transfer from course based masters to thesis based masters. Why would they not extend your study permit? I dont understand
No my concern was that i am switching from a science degree to a business business and for that i will need an additional 3 yrs. Would me changing field of study be a problem for study permit extention?

thx

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
No my concern was that i am switching from a science degree to a business business and for that i will need an additional 3 yrs. Would me changing field of study be a problem for study permit extention?

thx
You don't need to apply for extension when switching, you apply 3-4 month before expiry, switching degree types is not an issue there is no restriction in switching post grad education in anyway. If you are switching schools you need to update DLI on myCIC website.

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
You don't need to apply for extension when switching, you apply 3-4 month before expiry, switching degree types is not an issue there is no restriction in switching post grad education in anyway. If you are switching schools you need to update DLI on myCIC website.
Thank you. If my scheduled master's thesis defense was on January 2020 and for some reason my supervisors want me to complete one more research task so I will then defend my thesis on end of April 2020. Can I apply for an extension for the 2nd time? am I eligible to do that? I mean the CIC officers but think I'm not actively pursuing my studies by graduating late, right? Thanks.

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018

thx
i extended my study permit when I changed my program from masters in chemical engineering (course based) to masters in chemical engineering (thesis based). the thesis based is extra 2 years

James1226

Apr 17, 2019
Hi.
I have been blackmailed by someone. I went to the police n it is all good now. But i will have to extend my study permit next year. Will that affect my extention?

Shawaiz

May 18, 2020
Here is my whole story. It may sound shocking to most of you, but it is what it is. I came to canada on study visa in 2012 and enrolled in my first semester, after that i changed my college and enrolled in 2 semester but because of mental health issues i fell into depression amd social anxiety. I didnot feel comfortable aroung large masses of people. Because of this situation i stopped attending college and started seeking medical help. In 2014 my study permit was due to expire so applied for extension with proper medical documents and was granted an extension for 2 years, but again i couldn't attend tge school because of my situation. It seemed to get worse. I did nothing during another 2 years. I didnt even work. i was just paying visits toy doctor and staying home. Then in 2016 i felt confident enough to join the college and took admisiion in wi ter 2017 semester but tge extension was refused. I applied fpr Gcsm notes and the officers reason of refusal were not pursuing first two programs of study and not enough financial support. I only paid the semester fees and attached the medical note that i feel confident now to start the classes. I losty status as student and applied for restoration to visitor. Right now i have visitor visa valid till sep 15. I need some advice here that should i go for study permit again by showing financial backup and trying my best to explain the situation that my mental heath was not good at that but now i feel much better. Any kind of advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
I am just wondering why did you waste money and time in Canada if you had health issues. You could have gone back to your home country and did the treatment and maybe family support system would have helped you healed better