AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
Hello everyone,

I'm asking for a friend.

My friend had gone to canada in September 2016 to start his course in that month. For some reason he wanted to switch his course to another one which didn't have a seat available in September hence he had to wait till Jan'17. Now he wants to extend his study permit until Dec'17 (with co-op) And study permit is valid till 31 July'17.

What is the procedure for it? Can anyone pls elaborate the step by step details? Are there any fees involved in applying?
Does he have to give a medical exam? Also, are the transcripts to be submitted again? Any other documents to submit?

It would be helpful. Please do reply.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

niki.chawla1 said:
Hello everyone,

I'm asking for a friend.

My friend had gone to canada in September 2016 to start his course in that month. For some reason he wanted to switch his course to another one which didn't have a seat available in September hence he had to wait till Jan'17. Now he wants to extend his study permit until Dec'17 (with co-op) And study permit is valid till 31 July'17.

What is the procedure for it? Can anyone pls elaborate the step by step details? Are there any fees involved in applying?
Does he have to give a medical exam? Also, are the transcripts to be submitted again? Any other documents to submit?

It would be helpful. Please do reply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp

1. You can apply for renewal maximum 3 months in advance.
2. Though its optional to submit transcripts but its better if you submit one, will help to show VO as what you did in previous program.
3. No re-medical required in your case.

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
J5M said:
Hi,

2. Though its optional to submit transcripts but its better if you submit one, will help to show VO as what you did in previous program.
Thank you. Will go through the link but could you explain my query regarding the fees?

And what about showing proof of funds in account for the same?

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niki.chawla1 said:
Thank you. Will go through the link but could you explain my query regarding the fees?

And what about showing proof of funds in account for the same?
i think there should be a fees of $150 for renewal but not confirmed
its upto you if you can show some funds just $1000 to $ 2000. but there is no particular funds requirements from cic.

Good luck :)

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
rajwinder111 said:
i think there should be a fees of $150 for renewal but not confirmed
its upto you if you can show some funds just $1000 to $ 2000. but there is no particular funds requirements from cic.

Good luck :)
Thank you for your reply

dannymomin

Dec 5, 2017
Hi,

Can u please help me.
I have a question that if i graduate from one yr course so my study permit expires after 3 months of course completion, now i want to do another 1 yr course so i have to extend my stay as a student means study permit extension or have to apply to home embassy for student visa and stuff ?