+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension - Proof of Funds?

Baha.A.T

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask about the proof of funds for a study permit extension.
Is is supposed to be bank statements for the past 4 months showing 12600 CAD (same as the first time I applied)?
Or is it that I should have a bank account regardless of how much I have in my bank account?
Note: I only have around 2000CAD in my bank account (Would Including Paystubs help?)
Thanks

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
You must have enough funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses. And yes you must attach bank statement. Online bank statement would be fine.

Baha.A.T

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Thank you so much for your answer
would having a proof of enrollment from my college and a letter of financial support from my brother (who is living in Canada) suffice as a proof of funds.
I'm saying this because a friend of mine got her permit extension by simply providing a proof of enrollment and bank statements. she said that the it doesn't matter how much money I have in my bank account, they just need to make sure I have a bank account. Is that true?

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Thank you so much for your answer
would having a proof of enrollment from my college and a letter of financial support from my brother (who is living in Canada) suffice as a proof of funds.
I'm saying this because a friend of mine got her permit extension by simply providing a proof of enrollment and bank statements. she said that the it doesn't matter how much money I have in my bank account, they just need to make sure I have a bank account. Is that true?
I don't think just having a bank account will suffice. If your brother have enough money in his account that should work. Make sure to upload course enrollment letter, bank statement of your brother, relationship verification letter and letter of financial support from your brother.

Reactions: Baha.A.T

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Another option: ask your brother to transfer some Money in your account. Then you can just submit bank letter stating your current funds in your account. They are flexible for application related to extending study permit. Also ask your course advisor to provide letter stating your newly enrolled course duration date.

Reactions: Baha.A.T