+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit Extension Processing Time

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Hi I was wondering how long it usually takes for a study permit extension from inside Canada. I'd applied on September 23rd and the current one expires soon. Beginning to get a little anxious. Thanks.

Edit: I should've mentioned earlier that the online processing time calculator tool just keeps giving longer times. Used to be around 40 days, now it's around 70.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh sorry I should've mentioned. I've been tracking using this tool. The processing times just keep goin up!
Whatever is displayed by IRCC is the current processing time and applies to your app.

Kraf245

Mar 22, 2017
Hi

I applied for extension on 24th September too. No change in application status until now. I'm so worried as it's my last semester.

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Hi

I applied for extension on 24th September too. No change in application status until now. I'm so worried as it's my last semester.
Not much we can do except wait. I also heard that we could request a case study of our application. However, I couldn't find an option for it.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
The current processing time is higher.

Back in July it was 33 days.

Now double, usually due to people who finish studying in August end and apply for extensions.

More applications = More Delay .

One thing you can do is call IRCC and ask for eligibility review , if passed or not.

i applied on July 3 and my eligibility passed July 20 ish.
Approved on Aug 9th.

Reactions: duckling1

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi

You’ll hear from them around December 13.

Based on my calculation.

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Current processing times at 99 Days! They updated it after two weeks. They must be going through a huge surge in number of applications, never seen it this high.

Kraf245

Mar 22, 2017
Currently, there is not much much difference in processing time of Online and Paper Applications. It's been 57 days already, its giving me PTSD. I'm having hard time concerntrating in my last semester.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Like I said, many are applying for Jan session for extensions and also people from outside are applying.
Due to that reason, delays happen.

duckling1

Dec 13, 2019
The current processing time is higher.

Back in July it was 33 days.

Now double, usually due to people who finish studying in August end and apply for extensions.

More applications = More Delay .

One thing you can do is call IRCC and ask for eligibility review , if passed or not.

i applied on July 3 and my eligibility passed July 20 ish.
Approved on Aug 9th.
What is eligibility review? Do they give this information over the phone??

duckling1

Dec 13, 2019
Hi I was wondering how long it usually takes for a study permit extension from inside Canada. I'd applied on September 23rd and the current one expires soon. Beginning to get a little anxious. Thanks.

Edit: I should've mentioned earlier that the online processing time calculator tool just keeps giving longer times. Used to be around 40 days, now it's around 70.
Have your received yours? Curios here. My visa already expired and I'm still waiting, but I only applied in November. But if your visa expires and you're waiting for a response, you're on implied status, you shouldn't worry.
The only problem is you cannot travel outside of Canada and come back until it is reniewed

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi friends I have applied my extension on nov 6,2019.Its been already been like 61 days and My eligibility review has not been started yet.Can you tell me how much time more it gonna take any idea