+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension - Please Help!

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I applied to extend both my study permit and my co-op work permit on November 3rd, 2021. Both my study permit and co-op work permit are valid until December 31st, 2021.

I am doing a master's degree. I had to wait for my university to issue me the co-op letter, and that's why I submitted the extension application on Nov 3rd.

The processing time when I submitted was 36 days, but now it says 57 days :(

I am extremely anxious and worried whether the extension will be done before the end of this month. Further, there's holidays coming up too, and I guess processing will be paused after December 17th.

Has anyone applied for an extension in the 1st week of November? Or anyone with any advice or information please? It's so difficult to focus on anything else with no updates to my application from the time I submitted.

Thank you so much for your time!!

Ackee123

Dec 12, 2019
I am legit in the same boat as you. Applied for the extension Nov 3rd with the co-op work permit too. I still have not heard back. My co-op semester starts in January. It’s my final semester of school. At first it was saying 36 days so I was saying ok by second/ third week of Dec I would hear back. Now I see the timeline as 57 which would bring me to January.

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I am legit in the same boat as you. Applied for the extension Nov 3rd with the co-op work permit too. I still have not heard back. My co-op semester starts in January. It’s my final semester of school. At first it was saying 36 days so I was saying ok by second/ third week of Dec I would hear back. Now I see the timeline as 57 which would bring me to January.
Yeah, the wait has been so stressful :( My application just says Submitted, and there's been no ghost updates at all.

What about you? Hope we get it asap.

Ackee123

Dec 12, 2019
They haven’t started reviewing my application as yet. I called IRCC today explaining my problem. The rep said that I can find a job with the expired docs. I must present the confirmation doc and receipt of payment and under implied status I am ok to work. So in case the documents don’t come through for now you can do the co-op semester

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied to extend both my study permit and my co-op work permit on November 3rd, 2021. Both my study permit and co-op work permit are valid until December 31st, 2021.

I am doing a master's degree. I had to wait for my university to issue me the co-op letter, and that's why I submitted the extension application on Nov 3rd.

The processing time when I submitted was 36 days, but now it says 57 days :(

I am extremely anxious and worried whether the extension will be done before the end of this month. Further, there's holidays coming up too, and I guess processing will be paused after December 17th.

Has anyone applied for an extension in the 1st week of November? Or anyone with any advice or information please? It's so difficult to focus on anything else with no updates to my application from the time I submitted.

Thank you so much for your time!!
You'll be on maintained status, nothing to worry about.

the13thtee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
I wasn't given +90 days on my study permit. So it's ending on Dec 31, 2021 while it should have been till April 30, 2022. I've applied for an extension but no update yet. Has anyone got an extension yet? I applied on Nov 12th.