+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension of Minor Child Attending Public school in Canada Already

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
Hello Friends,
Need your inputs for my case below with respect to the Student Work Permit extension of a minor child.

I'm a temporary resident of Canada and on a valid work permit and working full-time. However our minor child, Study Permit is due to expire in March 2021.

I am preparing the application for an extension of the study permit for my child. But my question is :
1) do I need to attach any letter of acceptance of primary school?
2) do I need to show any proof of funds to support my child?

What I read at IRCC is confusing couldn't understand. Anyone had any experience before submitting an application for an extension of a child visa?

Thank You

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends,
Need your inputs for my case below with respect to the Student Work Permit extension of a minor child.

I'm a temporary resident of Canada and on a valid work permit and working full-time. However our minor child, Study Permit is due to expire in March 2021.

I am preparing the application for an extension of the study permit for my child. But my question is :
1) do I need to attach any letter of acceptance of primary school?
2) do I need to show any proof of funds to support my child?

What I read at IRCC is confusing couldn't understand. Anyone had any experience before submitting an application for an extension of a child visa?

Thank You
You need to include proof that your work permit is still valid. I would ask for the expiration of the study permit to coincide with the end of your WP. Your child's school can provide proof of registration. Would follow the other instructions.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
You need to include proof that your work permit is still valid. I would ask for the expiration of the study permit to coincide with the end of your WP. Your child's school can provide proof of registration. Would follow the other instructions.
hi,
thanks for the info. I have attached proof of employment with pay stubs to show that I am able to support my child during his stay in Canada. But I left the Funds Available for stay Field blank in the child study permit application form is that ok? Additionally, I attached a letter provided by the school confirming the registration of my child.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,
thanks for the info. I have attached proof of employment with pay stubs to show that I am able to support my child during his stay in Canada. But I left the Funds Available for stay Field blank in the child study permit application form is that ok? Additionally, I attached a letter provided by the school confirming the registration of my child.
Would include your bank statement as well.

Mamta26

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hi , have you got the extension for your minor child. I am also in the same situation and need some help.