+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension-Need Advice

Trishaaa

Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys!can someone please help me understand how the extension process works with showing sufficient funds.
I have completed 8 months certification course and have secured my seat for fall 2020 for another course by paying the first semester fees.
I currently have 4500$ in my account...will this be sufficient to apply for extension?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey guys!can someone please help me understand how the extension process works with showing sufficient funds.
I have completed 8 months certification course and have secured my seat for fall 2020 for another course by paying the first semester fees.
I currently have 4500$ in my account...will this be sufficient to apply for extension?
Need to show tuition for the whole year + living costs

Trishaaa

Nov 20, 2018
will
Need to show tuition for the whole year + living costs
how much living cost will I need to show for extension?
And I am currently in Canada with a part time job...will I still need to pay for the second semester fee?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
will

how much living cost will I need to show for extension?
And I am currently in Canada with a part time job...will I still need to pay for the second semester fee?
1 year cost is $10000 for all provinces excluding Quebec but you should check on the website. You don't have to pay it but you need to show that you have the money to pay it in your bank account or your parents bank account.

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
are you sure it will suffice?
I have heard from few of my friends who have applied lower than me previously.
I have applied for extension with $4,000 in my account and I know many more people who have used $3000 to $6000. As long as you are applying from inside Canada, I don't think its a problem

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I have applied for extension with $4,000 in my account and I know many more people who have used $3000 to $6000. As long as you are applying from inside Canada, I don't think its a problem
agreed, I have many friends who applied with 3-4K in their account and extn was approved.

Trishaaa

Nov 20, 2018
I have more questions on this for 5709e form, if anyone can help please
1.Do I have to mention my part time job details in the employment section
2.If I mention that my expenses are paid by my parents, do I need to show some documents for that?

And for the study permit extension document checklist is it okay if I just submit the acceptance letter for the next course or do I need the letter of enrolment?

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
I have more questions on this for 5709e form, if anyone can help please
1.Do I have to mention my part time job details in the employment section
2.If I mention that my expenses are paid by my parents, do I need to show some documents for that?

And for the study permit extension document checklist is it okay if I just submit the acceptance letter for the next course or do I need the letter of enrolment?
1. Yes
2. No you don't