+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT EXTENSION MAR 2022

mughal1

Aug 18, 2019
Not yet

177 days without any update
Have you submitted the webform?
I have submitted a webform and IRCC replied me that my application is still under normal processing time. May be they are referring to timeline for work permit (166 days) or visitor record (201). please update me if you get any from IRCC.
Thanks

Sara Adli

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Have you submitted the webform?
I have submitted a webform and IRCC replied me that my application is still under normal processing time. May be they are referring to timeline for work permit (166 days) or visitor record (201). please update me if you get any from IRCC.
Thanks
Finally approved after 6 months

kj1234

Oct 24, 2022
Hi all, I have a few questions. My current study permit expired on 31st December 2022 and I just applied to extend it because I need to complete my thesis and I might not be done till January 2023. I attached my acceptance letter, attestation letter as well as a letter from my supervisor (who is also the graduate program director of my department). As part of financial support, I have paid all my fees for the program except the fees for the winter 2023 semester which is about cad$500; I also attached the proof of payment receipt.
The problem is that when I was filling out the forms and they asked how much I had for my studies (tuition and accommodation) I wasn't sure of the amount to put because I am done paying for everything and I just have about $500 left. I ended up putting the whole amount for the program (I explained this in my LOE) which is about $34000 but the money in the bank statement I submitted might not be up to that amount because the exchange rate in my country of origin fluctuates a lot and is not consistent at all. do you think this will be a problem with extending the study permit?

kj1234

Oct 24, 2022
Just an update, my permit was renewed 2 days ago for 8 extra months.

Hi all, I have a few questions. My current study permit expired on 31st December 2022 and I just applied to extend it because I need to complete my thesis and I might not be done till January 2023. I attached my acceptance letter, attestation letter as well as a letter from my supervisor (who is also the graduate program director of my department). As part of financial support, I have paid all my fees for the program except the fees for the winter 2023 semester which is about cad$500; I also attached the proof of payment receipt.
The problem is that when I was filling out the forms and they asked how much I had for my studies (tuition and accommodation) I wasn't sure of the amount to put because I am done paying for everything and I just have about $500 left. I ended up putting the whole amount for the program (I explained this in my LOE) which is about $34000 but the money in the bank statement I submitted might not be up to that amount because the exchange rate in my country of origin fluctuates a lot and is not consistent at all. do you think this will be a problem with extending the study permit?

Reactions: jjj123545