+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension - In canada

gsaksham87

Mar 30, 2022
Hi
I want to apply for study permit extension. Right now I am in Canada, and I expect that my new offer letter will come by 15 October and on 12 October I am flying to India. So I will be elligble for In Canada file or not?
And will it be any issues If i come back to canada before my study permit comes. Right now i have eta and permit till 31 dec and I will come by 28 November.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I want to apply for study permit extension. Right now I am in Canada, and I expect that my new offer letter will come by 15 October and on 12 October I am flying to India. So I will be elligble for In Canada file or not?
And will it be any issues If i come back to canada before my study permit comes. Right now i have eta and permit till 31 dec and I will come by 28 November.
Thanks
Yes you can. Assume you are not Indian citizen since you have eta.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1308&top=15

gsaksham87

Mar 30, 2022
i am going to india for one month and during that time i will file my visa extension for study so my country of residence will be india right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i am going to india for one month and during that time i will file my visa extension for study so my country of residence will be india right?
You are applying from Canada so your country of residence is Canada. Since you have valid ETA (not a TRV) then return before expiry.

gsaksham87

Mar 30, 2022
My bad
My trv and and study visa will expire on 31 december and i will come by 28 november. While applying my extension I will be in india so my country of residence will be canada ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My bad
My trv and and study visa will expire on 31 december and i will come by 28 november. While applying my extension I will be in india so my country of residence will be canada ?
You can’t apply for an extension from outside Canada, only inside Canada. An extension is to stay in Canada. Are you studying now or in a program?

gsaksham87

Mar 30, 2022
My studies are finished for the first course and second course i will start studying in jan intake, i expect my offer letter to comeby end of october. And at that time I will be in india for a short visit. So i will apply visa extension at that time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My studies are finished for the first course and second course i will start studying in jan intake, i expect my offer letter to comeby end of october. And at that time I will be in india for a short visit. So i will apply visa extension at that time.
When did you graduate because your study permit expires 90 days after graduation? You can’t apply for an extension from outside Canada.

gsaksham87

Mar 30, 2022
Hi,
I am applying for study permit now, do you know how much funds we need to show?

and i will leave canada on 12 oct if my study permit doesnt comeby 28 nov will they give me entry?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am applying for study permit now, do you know how much funds we need to show?

and i will leave canada on 12 oct if my study permit doesnt comeby 28 nov will they give me entry?
As long as you have a TRV, you can enter. A study permit doesn’t allow you to enter Canada. Show tuition fee paid for the second course or the funds in your bank.