+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension - Funding Questions

rtadishetti

Star Member
Dec 31, 2008
Hi PMM and Other Experts,

I have a question related with funding for study permit extension.
I am studying in Canada. I am an internation Student. I am applying for Study Permit Extension. I have received acceptance letter from college for 3 year program..
This is a 6 sem course.
For 2 sem the fee is : $11,730.

My question is how much funds i should show in canadian dollors.

my brother is in U.S.A(working). He wants to support me. Can he provide a support statement?(bank statment)
Approximately how much funds i should show?

Please advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rtadishetti said:
Hi PMM and Other Experts,

I have a question related with funding for study permit extension.
I am studying in Canada. I am an internation Student. I am applying for Study Permit Extension. I have received acceptance letter from college for 3 year program..
This is a 6 sem course.
For 2 sem the fee is : $11,730.

My question is how much funds i should show in canadian dollors.

my brother is in U.S.A(working). He wants to support me. Can he provide a support statement?(bank statment)
Approximately how much funds i should show?

Please advice.
1. You would have to show the tuition $11K and $10K for living expenses, it is unlikely that funding for living expenses from a Bro in the US would be acceptable, but you never know.

PMM

rtadishetti

Star Member
Dec 31, 2008
Thanks for your quick response PMM. I really appreciate that..
You said $11 k for studies and $10k for living expenses..(This is for one year right)
Will it be ok to show for 1 year for now..

OR do i need to show the total amount for 3 years for now itself? (This is 3 year program contains 6 sems in total - 2 sems per year)
Please let me know.

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rtadishetti said:
Thanks for your quick response PMM. I really appreciate that..
You said $11 k for studies and $10k for living expenses..(This is for one year right)
Will it be ok to show for 1 year for now..

OR do i need to show the total amount for 3 years for now itself? (This is 3 year program contains 6 sems in total - 2 sems per year)
Please let me know.

Thanks,
1 year at a time is fine.

PMM

dmitry86

Jun 4, 2009
Dear PMM or Leon,

the same question - when will I apply for study work permit for 2 years Fast Track Coop program should I show funds for 2 years at once or I can ask for 1 year study permit and then expand it within Canada without any problems after 2 semesters of Study?

Thx

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
dmitry86 said:
Dear PMM or Leon,

the same question - when will I apply for study work permit for 2 years Fast Track Coop program should I show funds for 2 years at once or I can ask for 1 year study permit and then expand it within Canada without any problems after 2 semesters of Study?

Thx
Have a look at regulations for students from www.cic.gc.ca, it only says proof of funds for 1 year of study, regardless of length of program.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf on page 38 --

"Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies,
regardless of the duration of the course or program of studies in which they are enrolled. In other
words, a single student entering a four-year degree program with an annual tuition fee of $15,000
must demonstrate funds of $15,000 to satisfy the requirements, and not the full $60,000 which
would be required for four years."

This is just same advice that PMM posted in preceding post.

rtadishetti

Star Member
Dec 31, 2008
Hi PMM/Leon,

Can i my brother/sister in Canada show a proof of accomadation?. So that i do not need to show proof of accomadation funds..($10,000).
How to show that?

Please let me know.

Thanks,