+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension denied and restoration

Joshua H

Sep 30, 2018
They won't deny for restoration of you explain reason in a saperate document stating why you are late? Why you are rejected? Than 100% they will approve because I am experienced person so I have confidence. My study permit expired on 30th July 2016. Applied on 2nd Nov 2016. Approved on 17th Feb 2017. Documents I submitted are photo, transcript, letter of explanation, proof of funds and receipt of application fees along fees study permit extension forms
Hi Canuck!

Two things I'd like to discuss:

1.)My study permit expired on the 1st of August 2018 and I applied for a SP extension 8-9 days before.
Also, I've recently realized that the original copy of my SP is missing.

I have every other document, including a photo copied version of the SP.

It's possible that it may turn up however, i'm not comfortable relying on this.

What do you think my next step should be?

Im open to any suggestions.

2.) OP seemed to have been in the exact same situation as I am currently in.

I was instructed by a CIC officer to apply for restoration.

She then told me to browse the Official CIC website for instructions as to how to go about doing this.

However, I have not seen anything of the sort.

How would one go about applying?

Cheers,
Josh.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck!

Two things I'd like to discuss:

1.)My study permit expired on the 1st of August 2018 and I applied for a SP extension 8-9 days before.
Also, I've recently realized that the original copy of my SP is missing.

I have every other document, including a photo copied version of the SP.

It's possible that it may turn up however, i'm not comfortable relying on this.

What do you think my next step should be?

Im open to any suggestions.

2.) OP seemed to have been in the exact same situation as I am currently in.

I was instructed by a CIC officer to apply for restoration.

She then told me to browse the Official CIC website for instructions as to how to go about doing this.

However, I have not seen anything of the sort.

How would one go about applying?

Cheers,
Josh.
If you applied for an extension before your study permit expired, you have Implied Status.

Joshua H

Sep 30, 2018
If you applied for an extension before your study permit expired, you have Implied Status.
Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

There were a few lines that are missing from my original post which I will now bring forward..

I applied for a SP renewal on the 17th of July 2018. The official expiration date was the 31st of July 2018.

However, I continued my studies as normal, as I didn't think that my application would be refused.

The reason it was refused was due to incorrect document submission.

Bearing in mind, I only received an email from CIC explaining this during mid September; (I applied in July).

I was then instructed by a CIC officer to apply for restoration.

That being said, this would mean that I have been studying illegally for weeks without realizing it.

Am I eligible for restoration even after the SP expiration date?

I am a bit stuck in the mud here.

Cheers,
Josh.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

There were a few lines that are missing from my original post which I will now bring forward..

I applied for a SP renewal on the 17th of July 2018. The official expiration date was the 31st of July 2018.

However, I continued my studies as normal, as I didn't think that my application would be refused.

The reason it was refused was due to incorrect document submission.

Bearing in mind, I only received an email from CIC explaining this during mid September; (I applied in July).

I was then instructed by a CIC officer to apply for restoration.

That being said, this would mean that I have been studying illegally for weeks without realizing it.

Am I eligible for restoration even after the SP expiration date?

I am a bit stuck in the mud here.

Cheers,
Josh.
If you applied before expiration then you had implied status and all study was legal until you were informed of the rejection.
You can apply for restoration up to 90 days from when you were informed of your rejection.
Restoration is specifically for people like you who no longer have a valid study permit.
Go to your schools international office, they will guide you how to do this with correct documents.
You should not study or work once you were informed of rejection until you get sp restored.

noha_qc

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
I am also in similar sitation my time line is
Study permit expired-30 july 2018
applied for extension -30 july 2018
request to provide additional documents -1st nov 2018
failed to provide as i didnt see my email and deadline was 8th nov 2018

got rejection letter from cic that my application for study permit is rejected and i must leave canada immediately .

Its very confusing about restoration period some one says it is from the day i gor refusal letter and other says i should leave canada asap

can someone please help if i can apply to restore my status as student as i have my studies pending ??

please i need urgent help as i dont have time

carunah

Jan 19, 2020
Hi, same issue happen with me too. Can you share what you did I mean you restart your course or took break? please I wanna know
Thanks in advance

carunah

Jan 19, 2020
Hi everyone! I need an expert advice. My study permit expired on April,25 2017 but I submitted the study permit extension before the expired data on April,17 2017. And while I was waiting for the result, I registered in summer session at utsc starting from May1 to August 19, 2017 because I thought the extension would be accepted. The result turns out I got denied (the refusal letter is sent to me online on June17 but I just noticed it today) because I mistaken the letter of enrolment for the letter of acceptance. Now that I have to apply for restoration of my study permit, I'm afraid they would deny my restoration because I already registered in summer session at utsc and attending the class during the waiting period (until today because I just found out I got denied). What should I do right now? Do I have to drop the courses immediately? (it's already towards the end of the course so I can't get any refund from the university and I would lose all the record)

Any help or suggestion would be very appreciated and very helpful for me! Thank you very much

carunah

Jan 19, 2020
Is you restoration approved? My study permit extension got refused and ask for restoration of status on Jan 18 for the same case as yours, since then I stop going class and work. I just wanna know the what is the chance of getting approval?

Ankit Garhiya

Sep 27, 2019
Hi everyone i need an advice actually my study permit is going to expire on march 31 2020
I have applied for the study permit extension yesterday. I have shown the funds GIC ($1000) but in the form there was an option
1. My expenses in canada will be paid by
And i choose Myself in that option will it cause any problem as I’m a student and more likely dependent on parents
What should i do plz rply