+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension denied and restoration

zjqzydx

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone! I need an expert advice. My study permit expired on April,25 2017 but I submitted the study permit extension before the expired data on April,17 2017. And while I was waiting for the result, I registered in summer session at utsc starting from May1 to August 19, 2017 because I thought the extension would be accepted. The result turns out I got denied (the refusal letter is sent to me online on June17 but I just noticed it today) because I mistaken the letter of enrolment for the letter of acceptance. Now that I have to apply for restoration of my study permit, I'm afraid they would deny my restoration because I already registered in summer session at utsc and attending the class during the waiting period (until today because I just found out I got denied). What should I do right now? Do I have to drop the courses immediately? (it's already towards the end of the course so I can't get any refund from the university and I would lose all the record)

Any help or suggestion would be very appreciated and very helpful for me! Thank you very much

m_jethva

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
They won't deny for restoration of you explain reason in a saperate document stating why you are late? Why you are rejected? Than 100% they will approve because I am experienced person so I have confidence. My study permit expired on 30th July 2016. Applied on 2nd Nov 2016. Approved on 17th Feb 2017. Documents I submitted are photo, transcript, letter of explanation, proof of funds and receipt of application fees along fees study permit extension forms

Reactions: Dilpreet01639

zjqzydx

Jul 6, 2017
They won't deny for restoration of you explain reason in a saperate document stating why you are late? Why you are rejected? Than 100% they will approve because I am experienced person so I have confidence. My study permit expired on 30th July 2016. Applied on 2nd Nov 2016. Approved on 17th Feb 2017. Documents I submitted are photo, transcript, letter of explanation, proof of funds and receipt of application fees along fees study permit extension forms
Thank you for the reply! I understand that within 90 days of expired data you can still apply for restoration and you are most likely won't be denied as long as you explain the reason. I don't know about your case, but I think they state on the website that you are not allowed to study or work during the restoration period. In my case, I applied for extension in time and thought they are going to accept it so I registered the summer school. Then they told me my extension was denied on June 17 and I wasn't noticed until today which means I still attending the class after they say my temporary resident permit is already expired

m_jethva

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Thank you for the reply! I understand that within 90 days of expired data you can still apply for restoration and you are most likely won't be denied as long as you explain the reason. I don't know about your case, but I think they state on the website that you are not allowed to study or work during the restoration period. In my case, I applied for extension in time and thought they are going to accept it so I registered the summer school. Then they told me my extension was denied on June 17 and I wasn't noticed until today which means I still attending the class after they say my temporary resident permit is already expired
You can't study or work while your study permit expired.if you apply before expired you can. Better you deffer your admission and waste your semester and fees and obtain new acceptance letter from college for next term and apply again untill that don't leave the country they will accept.

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
What's wrong with letter of enrollment? i thought if you are a returning student that's what you are supposed to have instead of letter of acceptance (unless you are currently doing a new program).

zjqzydx

Jul 6, 2017
You can't study or work while your study permit expired.if you apply before expired you can. Better you deffer your admission and waste your semester and fees and obtain new acceptance letter from college for next term and apply again untill that don't leave the country they will accept.
I applied extension in time and if it didn't get denied there would be no problem. The question is I got denied because of my mistaken one of the document...In this case I'm afraid they wouldn't accept it.........

m_jethva

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
I applied extension in time and if it didn't get denied there would be no problem. The question is I got denied because of my mistaken one of the document...In this case I'm afraid they wouldn't accept it.........
They will accept you have explain all this thing in a saperate document so they can understand and attach the mistaken documents with this document. There won't be an issue. Do fast you don't have time and any other option.

zjqzydx

Jul 6, 2017
What's wrong with letter of enrollment? i thought if you are a returning student that's what you are supposed to have instead of letter of acceptance (unless you are currently doing a new program).
Because on the website it says the letter of acceptance so I thought it's same as last year when I applied...

zjqzydx

Jul 6, 2017
They will accept you have explain all this thing in a saperate document so they can understand and attach the mistaken documents with this document. There won't be an issue. Do fast you don't have time and any other option.
Thanks for the advise
ps: I don't really want to drop my current course because it's almost towards the ends but I guess I must do that in order for them to accept my restoration...

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Because on the website it says the letter of acceptance so I thought it's same as last year when I applied...

This is the official instruction. For a returning student, letter of enrollment is specifically requested. That's why I'm confused about the rejection reason.

zjqzydx

Jul 6, 2017

This is the official instruction. For a returning student, letter of enrollment is specifically requested. That's why I'm confused about the rejection reason.
Yeah if I checked it carefully by clicking the "?" behind the "letter of acceptance" I would know that it requires the letter of enrolment. The only problem is I didn't so I submitted the letter of admission... Now that I think I must drop the course even though it's almost at the end because I cannot study during the restoration

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Yeah if I checked it carefully by clicking the "?" behind the "letter of acceptance" I would know that it requires the letter of enrolment. The only problem is I didn't so I submitted the letter of admission... Now that I think I must drop the course even though it's almost at the end because I cannot study during the restoration
I think your school will be understanding. I'm sure you will eventually finish your courses, you just have to follow the protocol for now. Good luck!

zjqzydx

Jul 6, 2017
I think your school will be understanding. I'm sure you will eventually finish your courses, you just have to follow the protocol for now. Good luck!
Thank you! I hope the cic can understand my situation with the explanation letter I provided and let me finish my course even though I'm waiting for the restoration

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you! I hope the cic can understand my situation with the explanation letter I provided and let me finish my course even though I'm waiting for the restoration
You are not allowed to continue studying while waiting for Restoration. You have already been studying illegally for several weeks.