+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hello guys,

Back here again. I am planning to renew my TRV (expired last July) but my Study Permit is until April of next year. Does anyone applied for TRV renewal? I just want to know how long it takes because I have US Visa interview in November so I wanna make sure I get it before that.

Thank you.

co2020

May 31, 2020
I applied for SP extension with spouse OWP extension. My question is will my spouse get her study permit first then I will get my work permit or we both will receive together??
I am confused about it. Some people says both will get response together and some says separate.
SP extension processing time is 75 days.
While OWP extension processing time is 117 days.
Applied date: September 17.
Can you provide an update. Did you get your Study permit extension first? I am in the same situation

Tinashar

Apr 7, 2020
Hey i applied for my study permit extension on january 6th 2021 and I haven't got any acknowledgment letter yet and I made a call this morning and they it takes time and my file is in edmonton and i have listened if your file is in edmonton you are in trouble is that true

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hey i applied for my study permit extension on january 6th 2021 and I haven't got any acknowledgment letter yet and I made a call this morning and they it takes time and my file is in edmonton and i have listened if your file is in edmonton you are in trouble is that true
What do you mean by acknowledgement letter? Is it confirmation of submission? If cic told you that it is taking time now then that is what it is.

No that is not true. Sometimes the workload is too much in one location and so they transfer some files to another location.
You just applied on January 6 and processing time is currently 83 days.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Most SP+PGWP applications usually process in Edmonton.

Tinashar

Apr 7, 2020
What do you mean by acknowledgement letter? Is it confirmation of submission? If cic told you that it is taking time now then that is what it is.

No that is not true. Sometimes the workload is too much in one location and so they transfer some files to another location.
You just applied on January 6 and processing time is currently 83 days.
Yes i know it takes that much time but submission or confirmation letter is usually received in 1 day

Tinashar

Apr 7, 2020
Hello i applied for study permit extension on jan 6th 2021 I just wanted to know is there anyone who got their permit recently what is the timeline

Mirna1993

May 4, 2019
I applied for study permit restoration and extension on December 30 2020 and received the decision February 9th 2021 but the thing is they extended my study permit till July 2021 only and now I applied for extension again and waiting

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Please can anyone help me out. I am trying to extend my study permit online. I have filled the form, and I need extra space for my past employment. The instruction says I should print another extra page of the particular page I need which I have done. But how do I attach it to the original application form itself.

secondly I have two casual jobs I am doing now, on the form under theemployment history, the first column is current employment, second one is previous employment. Do I have to put my2 jobs on both the column that says current and previous employment. Please I am really confused.

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
I applied for study permit restoration and extension on December 30 2020 and received the decision February 9th 2021 but the thing is they extended my study permit till July 2021 only and now I applied for extension again and waiting
Hi Mirna,

May I know the date of completion of your course written in the Letter from your school, which I believe you submitted in your application for extension of your study permit. When did your original study permit expire?

Thank you.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hi guys,

Hope you are all well and safe!
I finished my last term last week and just waiting for my Cert of Graduation and Transcript.
When I apply for PGWP, it comes with a TRV or I have to apply for it separately once PGWP is approved?

Thank you!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys,

I finished my last term last week and just waiting for my Cert of Graduation and Transcript.
When I apply for PGWP, it comes with a TRV or I have to apply for it separately once PGWP is approved?

Thank you!
Once you receive your pgwp, you can apply for trv. It doesnt come along with pgwp to my understanding

Reactions: rogelcorral

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Thank you!
No, TRV is not included in the PGWP, you have to apply for it separately.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Okay thanks for your response!

I have one more question about the new pathway to PR for graduates.
I took EAP before starting my main program so I would like to ask if I can submit that diploma instead or I still need to take IELTS?
If yes, should it be Academic or General? or it doesn't matter?