+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
I am so happy about this news, almost like it was mine. You, @Johncerb and @Tinashar have been with us throughout the wait and it is an enormous relief seeing you all approved. Congratulations!
Thanks mate. You provided valuable information that helped speed up the process. Imagine! sending multiple web forms, calling them every week and finally sending feedback. Now on to applying for a TRV! All the best with your stay in Canada.

Reactions: kloppity

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hi guys!

I have been following this thread since last year (for my SP outside Canada application) as well as my SP extension submitted last November 2019.
Here's my timeline:

Applied November 25, 2019 and there was no single update. I was just reading through this forum for updates.
Updated my profile last May 8, 2020 and finally on May 11, 2020 they approved my application.

My initial permit was for ESL so I needed to apply to Change Conditions. I must say that this helped me a lot in my whole application process and also gave me hope that everything will be alright.

I just have a question, because I need my physical SP to apply for jobs because the one I have right now only allows me to work on campus.

For the recently approved in Canada applications, can you tell me how long did you wait for your actual permit to be mailed?

Thank you.

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
@userDate Applied (2019)StatusDate Received (2020)
None ForumiteNovember 20thApprovedApril 28th
@AKDHALIWALNovember 23rdApprovedMay 1st
@rony patelNovember 28thApprovedMay 1st
@Mik1994November18thApprovedApril 3rd
@kanoniNovember 16thProcessingN/A
@SukainamNovember 17thApprovedMay 7th
@ree14November 18thApprovedMay 8th
@SaiKrishNovember 18thProcessingN/A
@JohncerbNovember 21stProcessingN/A
@meisterNovember 21stProcessingN/A
@ssandhul November 22ndApprovedMay 8th
@kloppityNovember 22ndApprovedMay 8th
@trampolinegirlNovember 23rdApprovedMay 11th
@TinasharNovember 24thReviewingN/A
@samderlustNovember 23rdApprovedMay 11th
@J RafolsNovember 27thReviewingN/A
@27NovemberNovember 27thApprovedMay 11th
@Ramandeeps4November 30thReviewingN/A
@SehajnarulaNovember 30thProcessingN/A
@Zoe_WNovember 30thProcessingN/A
@Mila_84 (With Spouse)November **ProcessingN/A
Mine is approved on May 11 and I have applied for pgwp during implied status.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi guys!

I have been following this thread since last year (for my SP outside Canada application) as well as my SP extension submitted last November 2019.
Here's my timeline:

Applied November 25, 2019 and there was no single update. I was just reading through this forum for updates.
Updated my profile last May 8, 2020 and finally on May 11, 2020 they approved my application.

My initial permit was for ESL so I needed to apply to Change Conditions. I must say that this helped me a lot in my whole application process and also gave me hope that everything will be alright.

I just have a question, because I need my physical SP to apply for jobs because the one I have right now only allows me to work on campus.

For the recently approved in Canada applications, can you tell me how long did you wait for your actual permit to be mailed?

Thank you.
Congratulations, it is funny how we almost thought the November delays were unique to us on this site.

About 4-5 days ideally, I was approved on Friday and got it yesterday, someone else from here approved on Monday got theirs today and in different provinces too. You will have to renew your SIN too.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
I live in Toronto. What about you and the one that got today?

Yeah I know, I mean it's still valid til July 2020. All I need now is the actual permit and will deal with the rest soon.

Is it mailed like a regular flat envelope? Like folded or big package?

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Why should it?

The IRCC doesn't care about your credit card. Just show enough proof of funds in yours/sponsor's account.
Thank you for your reply - was very helpful. For the bank statements as financial proof, would it be suffice to just download the transaction from a certain period online or is it important I have to get the official bank statement with a seal and sign from the teller/bank rep?

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I did and but I guess we'll find out when I get the decision lol. It was like 3-4 different payments for me.
Thank you for your reply - was very helpful. For the bank statements as financial proof, would it be suffice to just download the transaction from a certain period online or is it important I have to get the official bank statement with a seal and sign from the teller/bank rep?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I'm not sure you are applying for a study permit extension so can't say much, but an official one is definitely advised.

I live in Toronto. What about you and the one that got today?

Yeah I know, I mean it's still valid til July 2020. All I need now is the actual permit and will deal with the rest soon.

Is it mailed like a regular flat envelope? Like folded or big package?
One of us does. Regular flat brown envelope.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Okay thank you. I should probably get it tomorrow or next week (but then it's long weekend).
I was just also worried if it's folded like if it fits on a mailbox or do they have to leave it in front of the door that's why I asked.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Okay thank you. I should probably get it tomorrow or next week (but then it's long weekend).
I was just also worried if it's folded like if it fits on a mailbox or do they have to leave it in front of the door that's why I asked.
It fits in a mailbox; it is just a letter like the one you get from any government agency.

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I live in Toronto and I just got mine in the mail today. You should get yours soon!