+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

samderlust

Apr 21, 2020
I applied in Nove 23th. Still no update.
I went to the webform today to request the change of address. I put all the information regarding to my application. But it showed like below:
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
any ideal guys?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I applied in Nove 23th. Still no update.
I went to the webform today to request the change of address. I put all the information regarding to my application. But it showed like below:
any ideal guys?
Hi,

I've had this happen to me before. In my case, I didn't write my full names and filled in the wrong country of birth. Look through the required input fields carefully to make sure. Also, they will have sent you your inputs to those fields as part of this email (way below in small fonts), try to see what is wrong from there and correct it in a new webform.

As for address change, I did it with the help of their call center agent, so you might want to consider that if it is the only reason you are submitting a webform and not adding additional documents to your application.

Edit: I'm assuming you applied online and can see your status on the website.

samderlust

Apr 21, 2020
Hi,

I've had this happen to me before. In my case, I didn't write my full names and filled in the wrong country of birth. Look through the required input fields carefully to make sure. Also, they will have sent you your inputs to those fields as part of this email (way below in small fonts), try to see what is wrong from there and correct it in a new webform.

As for address change, I did it with the help of their call center agent, so you might want to consider that if it is the only reason you are submitting a webform and not adding additional documents to your application.

Edit: I'm assuming you applied online and can see your status on the website.
Hi,
Thanks for responding. I had that problem before. but for this time I want to change the address and I did it through this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
there is no email sending back. And no matter how I put the info in. It all failed.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for responding. I had that problem before. but for this time I want to change the address and I did it through this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
there is no email sending back. And no matter how I put the info in. It all failed.
You are applying for a TR status so you aren't qualified to use that tool.

IRCC_Address_Change_Requirement said:
you must also have either:
sponsored a member of the family class,
applied for permanent residence from within Canada,
applied for a Permanent Resident Card,
applied for Canadian citizenship (for yourself or for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen),
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship),
applied to renounce or resume Canadian citizenship, or
applied for a search of the citizenship records.
Your best bet is to call the center. It's faster.

Reactions: samderlust

samderlust

Apr 21, 2020
Hi guys,

I just called CIC this morning to ask for changing the address. The agent told me that my application was approved late last week and maybe about to sent out. But there is no update in my CIC account.
I applied on Nov 23
So if you guy has the same issue, you may call CIC to check the status.

Last edited:

mnsq41

May 11, 2020
I applied for my SP extension along with a Co-Op Work Permit back in Nov 16, 2019. It has been 6 months and i have not heard anything :/ My visa expires end of July. Anyone else with similar time frame as mine?

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
I applied for my SP extension along with a Co-Op Work Permit back in Nov 16, 2019. It has been 6 months and i have not heard anything :/ My visa expires end of July. Anyone else with similar time frame as mine?
Yes. I applied on November 21 for the same. No update yet. When does your co-op start?

mnsq41

May 11, 2020
Yes. I applied on November 21 for the same. No update yet. When does your co-op start?
I'm already in the middle of my co-op term, i started May 2019 and my contract is until end of August 2020. After that I have 1 year left for my undergrad. What about you?

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I'm already in the middle of my co-op term, i started May 2019 and my contract is until end of August 2020. After that I have 1 year left for my undergrad. What about you?
I also applied on 21st November and today i got the webform reply from them where it stated that

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
You started your co-op work term without your permit? Oh so it was a co-op permit extension? Mine begins next week.