+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I have spoken with people who have previously applied to extent their permits and the general consensus is that background checks are usually 'not applicable' for SP Ext.

The 'processing' may be unique to applications made after December 3rd because of the new biometrics rule. My PGWP application has the same line even though I have a valid
guess its finally moving somehow
congrats to all who received their permit ...

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Did you guys check to see that your eligibility hasn't started?

Along with myself and people from this website, I have heard of two other people who applied on November 18th and 20th, one of whom got additional documents request and the other a ghost update in the past 48 hours.

Last edited:

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada

Along with myself and people from this website, I have heard of two other people who applied on November 18th and 20th, one of whom got additional documents request and the other a ghost update.
no update nothing yet.

samderlust

Apr 21, 2020
My eligibility review started earlier today, expecting a decision tomorrow or Monday sometime. Bit of a good news I guess. Like @ssandhuuuu I applied on the 22nd of November.

Friend who applied around February 25th got his biometrics validity email on Monday and approved yesterday night.
My Review of Eligibility was stated : "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." for months and no update. I applied Nov 23.

Zoe_W

May 4, 2020
Hello Guys. I applied on Nov 17, I got approval today. Good luck to you all, I’m praying you all get it this week or next! And I’m sure you will
Congratulations! ! It’s a good news for us all! Did you do anything that probably could speed up the process? Like upload a new document or speak to an agent?

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019

Along with myself and people from this website, I have heard of two other people who applied on November 18th and 20th, one of whom got additional documents request and the other a ghost update in the past 48 hours.
I'm wondering if you did anything apart from sending a web form, calling ircc to expedite the processing?

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I'm wondering if you did anything apart from sending a web form, calling ircc to expedite the processing?
i don’t think so I already sent a webform no reply no updates yet .. presently i am scared about may be they ask me my transcript again as colleges are closed and can only have the unofficial transcripts with me.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi, I am not sure. I did send about three webforms where I requested to know the status of the application, and obviously I applied for a PGWP last month as well.

Reactions: meister

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I called them twice as I mentioned in the forum before.
That is one way. I actually called so much that during my last call, the agent was noticeably perplexed by how many times I had called within the two weeks leading up to that day. The only thing I got out of the calls was to stay calm and wait till things return to normal or by some chance the application gets processed, which it appears to be right now.

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
That is one way. I actually called so much that during my last call, the agent was noticeably perplexed by how many times I had called within the two weeks leading up to that day. The only thing I got out of the calls was to stay calm and wait till things return to normal or by some chance the application gets processed, which it appears to be right now.
yes the last time i called them they also ask me when the last time i call ... so yes they are checking how many times we knock them ... but it doesn’t mean they fasten the processing.