+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
Dear Sir / madam,

I applied for my study permit extension on 21st November 2019 and its now 166 days which exceeded normal processing time for my application. I am in huge confusion as how long it will take more to process my file as it is been very important to me for my upcoming opportunities in Canada.

Is its a good way of asking I just want you guys suggestion.

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Well finally got the approval today although not very happy with the expiry date though, requested 2 extra months thru webform and not given. The worst thing is that I may have to apply for a second extension now, and waited 4 months for the current one.

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
Well finally got the approval today although not very happy with the expiry date though, requested 2 extra months thru webform and not given. The worst thing is that I may have to apply for a second extension now, and waited 4 months for the current one.
when you applied??

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
@userDate Applied (2019)StatusDate Received (2020)
None ForumiteNovember 20thApprovedApril 28th
@AKDHALIWALNovember 23rdApprovedMay 1st
@rony patelNovember 28thApprovedMay 1st
@Mik1994November18thApprovedApril 3rd
@kanoniNovember 16thProcessingN/A
@SukainamNovember 17thProcessingN/A
@ree14November 18thProcessingN/A
@SaiKrishNovember 18thProcessingN/A
@JohncerbNovember 21stProcessingN/A
@meisterNovember 22ndProcessingN/A
@kloppityNovember 22ndProcessingN/A
@TinasharNovember 23rdProcessingN/A
@J RafolsNovember 27thProcessingN/A
@Ramandeeps4November 30thProcessingN/A
@SehajnarulaNovember 30thProcessingN/A
@Zoe_WNovember 30thProcessingN/A
@Mila_84 (With Spouse)November **ProcessingN/A
@trampolinegirlNovember **ProcessingN/A
Nice! Helps keep track of things. I applied on November 21 though.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
When did you apply to extend till initially? And did you include an attached file with your webform? Did you get an email?

*My understanding is that decisions are not made on contents of the webform text field unless you attach a file, which is then forwarded to the visa office.

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
When did you apply to extend till initially? And did you include an attached file with your webform? Did you get an email?

*My understanding is that decisions are not made on contents of the webform text field unless you attach a file, which is then forwarded to the visa office.
what if they don’t ask for any additional documents.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
what if they don’t ask for any additional documents.
If whatever information you are adding will have any impact on your application, it is safer to submit an attachment. I believe the agent's address the information in the text field and attachments are sent to the IRCC offices.

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
If whatever information you are adding will have any impact on your application, it is safer to submit an attachment. I believe the agent's address the information in the text field and attachments are sent to the IRCC offices.
website says an applicant can ask their queries if the application exceeded normal processing time.

JohnnyCY

May 6, 2020
I applied on 22nd Nov no update yet. Today I checked my application status and find out a question. Why my Background Check is Not applicable? But my friend is In processing, He applied on 11th Dec and got approved yesterday. Does this mean that my application doesn't start?

Is there anyone like me?

Johncerb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I applied on 22nd Nov no update yet. Today I checked my application status and find out a question. Why my Background Check is Not applicable? But my friend is In processing, He applied on 11th Dec and got approved yesterday. Does this mean that my application doesn't start?

Is there anyone like me?
Same background check not applicable

Reactions: JohnnyCY

J Rafols

Mar 20, 2020
I've applied for my co-op work permit extension along with the study permit extension. There is a lot of uncertainty around if I can start my co-op on implied status. Do you happen to know?
I have the same situation like you during my last winter term . Well my professor’s plan was She did will not allow me to do te coop for a full time basis, instead she told me I will have to use the 20 hrs allowable working hours for students and just do some projects to cover up the hours left. It depends maybe on your institution or work placement professor. But now because of COVID, coop placements was cancelled so We only did projects and research to Be able to graduate.now still waiting for my sp extension. No results yet.still on implied status.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019

Is there anyone like me?
I have spoken with people who have previously applied to extent their permits and the general consensus is that background checks are usually 'not applicable' for SP Ext.

The 'processing' may be unique to applications made after December 3rd because of the new biometrics rule. My PGWP application has the same line even though I have a valid biometric.