+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

Diana1993

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello everybody, I have been following this forum for a while because I am also in the same boat, but I applied on Jan 16, 2020. Didn't get any response yet though. I called my consultant today and asked about this gap that happened in November. He says that they are dividing the applications into blocks, let's say Nov 15 to Dec 15 and precess them, but not in date order. He has got some approvals from late November and December. Well, it explains the situation but I'm not sure if it is true or not. Just wanted to share, I understand your frustration.

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello everybody, I have been following this forum for a while because I am also in the same boat, but I applied on Jan 16, 2020. Didn't get any response yet though. I called my consultant today and asked about this gap that happened in November. He says that they are dividing the applications into blocks, let's say Nov 15 to Dec 15 and precess them, but not in date order. He has got some approvals from late November and December. Well, it explains the situation but I'm not sure if it is true or not. Just wanted to share, I understand your frustration.
Why would they not process them in order?

Tinanita

Apr 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
Do you know how long we could get the physical form of study permit after getting approved? I applied in October, got approved in 28th Feb and still not get it delivered yet :( I tried but can not call the IRCC because no one on the phone.
I need it to get money transferring from my family... This situation is suck!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone,
Do you know how long we could get the physical form of study permit after getting approved? I applied in October, got approved in 28th Feb and still not get it delivered yet :( I tried but can not call the IRCC because no one on the phone.
I need it to get money transferring from my family... This situation is suck!
This situation is terrible for all involved with nobody at fault. Atleast you got yours approved, many others are in limbo

Ksidhuk

Apr 14, 2020
Hi I applied my study permit for extension on 8 dec by paper work and now I don’t have application number does anyone get extension on study permit please let me know...

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
Hi I applied my study permit for extension on 8 dec by paper work and now I don’t have application number does anyone get extension on study permit please let me know...
Link your paper-based application to your online IRCC account. Once you link it, you can see the application number and its current status.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Another day to watch and wait.

Might be a bit of a good/bad news but someone else who claims to apply in November got their study permit extension refused yesterday. Not sure what day they applied though so can't speculate on what is happening.