+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Right now I am resigned to the fact that we are part of a backlog and those [sensitive word 1] won't go back to complete those application before they level off the processing time, which says more about them than it does about us.

The way I see it, they are trying to maintain the current processing time so are running through December applications. The unfortunate thing for us is we can't call their helplines and the webform appears to be preloaded with robotic
I just can't believe this! What about November applicants? Is this a joke to them?

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Stay strong folks! My friends who applied on Dec. 6 got approval on April 2nd and one who applied on Dec. 20 got approval on April 9. Both had biometrics done a year ago. If anybody got approval for application after Dec. 20, please let us know!
Honestly, you're probably gonna get approved pretty soon before us November applicants lol

Sukainam

Apr 3, 2020
That’s funny that November applicants are completely forgotten! I applied on Nov 17 no update until now!! Still shows that they are reviewing eligibility

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I just can't believe this! What about November applicants? Is this a joke to them?
The mind boggles.

In a way I am surprised how they seemingly don't keep records, because if they did they'd know where/when they stopped and continue from there. It is bad enough that extending study permit takes 3 months, but then skipping two weeks worth of applications without reason is just irresponsible.

I am from a semi developed country myself and students in my country don't take 3 months to have their documents renewed. I have come up with several scenarios in my head to justify what is happening that it just doesn't make sense anymore. There is no explanation for it.

Personally I will pay someone for an email address that they can actually read.

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Could any tell me:
Will I still get study permit after I graduate, coz I am done school on April 30 and it says on my LOA. Its not my fault that they are late, I will still get it right? (Need study permit to apply for work permit)
Anyone??

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Could any tell me:
Will I still get study permit after I graduate, coz I am done school on April 30 and it says on my LOA. Its not my fault that they are late, I will still get it right? (Need study permit to apply for work permit)
Anyone??
when did you apply?

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
I applied for it already and it said you will receive money after three days.....
I think everyone who applies will get it. The question is whether they will see next year when you do you taxes that you applied while your SIN was expired. Not sure whether they will do that. They can definitely see whether someone had other income and applied, but not sure about the SIN and implied status. We’ll see. I’m sure they will make a bunch of more changes to this.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Another day to keep monitoring!

Please let us know if things change today or if you get any updates.

Cheers!