+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
I hope so we get approval with any transcripts request.
If in case they ask to submit just put a letter of explanation and scan along with the transcripts and tell everything clearly.
because you cannot put anything along with transcripts, because they asked single file to submit for transcripts even you have two transcripts make them one file to submit they instructed on letter.

Abdulrmadani

Feb 23, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I applied on 26 Nov after receiving an extension for my Grad study offer.
On 13 Feb I received an interview appointment in the Canadian Embassy and they are requesting for the following:
1- Copy of interview letter.
2- Valid passport.
3- Letter of acceptance: revised offer letter.
So, my adviser refused to give me another extension and he said when you manage to obtain the visa re-apply and I will help, not to mention that the delay is out of my hands.
Any advise regarding my issue or any suggestion for the interview?

Last edited:

Mik1994

Feb 23, 2020
Well I think I'm in trouble now.
My SP expired on the 31st of Nov 2019 and I had applied for an extension on Nov 18 2019. (Applied late because my CAQ was delayed....Quebec uhh)
My passport expires on the 7th of April 2020 and in order to get my passport renewed, the Indian government requires a valid status in Canada (My status right now is an implied status). Also, it takes about 4-5 weeks to get a new passport. I plan to apply for my PGWP after I get my new passport.

By the looks of it, I should expect my study permit to arrive by mid March. By then I'm sure it'll be too late to apply for a new passport. Should I apply for a PGWP with my old passport that expires in April 2020? Can a PGWP be transferred to a new passport later?

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
If I were you I'd try to get my passport renewed now (tomorrow) using all documentation about the validity of your staying in Canada now. Not sure if there is a better option though..

Last edited:

Mik1994

Feb 23, 2020
The thing is I'm not sure how to prove that my status in Canada is valid. I mean I don't think there is a document that mentions that my implied status is valid. Anyways I think I'll take whatever docs I presently have and go to the passport application centre.

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
The thing is I'm not sure how to prove that my status in Canada is valid. I mean I don't think there is a document that mentions that my implied status is valid. Anyways I think I'll take whatever docs I presently have and go to the VAC.
School acceptance letter, copy of expired permit, printout confirming they are processing, printout of expected time, printout of below implied status documen.. I think they will say it is ok..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Reactions: Mik1994

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
btw i'm not sure what happens if 1.you are rejected for extension and your new passport has not arrived,(unlikely but must be considered) and 2. what happens if your visa is with your old passport and you get a new passport..
Anyone know? Especially 2 must be common.

Reactions: Mik1994