+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hey guys. I applied October 28th. Application was updated to reviewing eligibility today. Hopefully it gets approved today. If not, I guess until next week. Applied online from Ottawa.
Did you get it approved? Is it still under reviewing eligibility?

Feb 21, 2020
I applied study permit restoration on Oct 28, and got status changed to eligibility review last Friday. I also submitted additional document through webform one week ago and they received it after two business days. Yesterday I got a ghost update and today I just get my restoration approved. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: nemuritai

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I think the numbers mean that suddenly in Sep, and Oct, their volumes tripled relative to prior years as a much larger new cohort of people are all finishing summer school in August and have 3m to renew their visa.... But the number of staff has not tripled in those two months..
I hope Study Permit restorations have the same timeline as study permit extensions, if so I hope all you 28s get it today(they might work on Saturday btw so check tomorrow too)..

Last edited:
Reactions: Xcallie

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I applied study permit restoration on Oct 28, and got status changed to eligibility review last Friday. I also submitted additional document through webform one week ago and they received it after two business days. Yesterday I got a ghost update and today I just get my restoration approved. Good luck everyone.
Congratulations and thanks for the update!

Reactions: 4720099241

Xcallie

Feb 14, 2020
Just got approved guys! Applied Oct. 28. It was a ghost update. Just checked my profile and saw “approved”. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: nemuritai

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Why are all the people approved today saying 'it was a ghost update'.. I have never heard this terminology before, I guess it means that there was no email.
Update: I looked it up, a ghost update is usually when you receive an update by email but when you check online there is no update. The email is still an indication that there is some activity in your account so it is a good sign. (the opposite might be a ghost update as well - update online but no email)

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Here is my timeline:

Apply for restoration and extension for study permit:
Apply: Oct 17th
Eligibility Review: Jan 28th
Call the IRCC: Feb 7th
And they said my application got approved
Update to Approval: Feb 12nd

I don't know why my application was updated for such a long time.

Thanks for help
Good luck!
Congrats