+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
It seems that 110 days is more realistic at the moment.
agreed, a confirmed 107+ means it is at 110 today(he should get it approved on monday).

Hi, I know some has previously asked about the timeline to receive the SP by mail after approval. To share my experience, I received mine today February 5, I got approved last friday January 31(I applied online on October 20, 2019).
Did it come from Edmonton? Do you live in Alberta or outside of Alberta? Canada post is 2 business days in the same province and 4 across provinces. I live in Ontatio and applied online but i think the office is in Edmonton based on the govt website's list of offices..

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I applied for SP extension on oct 22.No response yet.I am really worried.So much stress
You are on day 110! Yours should be next to process, definitely by monday, I guess. Let us know if you get it Saturday or Sunday, it would be nice to know if they work in weekends. For example their website' processing times are updated on Sunday.

Last edited:

Maniheer

Dec 6, 2019
I applied for SP extension on oct 22.No response yet.I am really worried.So much stress
Don’t worry i also applied on 23 October.. i done my studies, got completion letter from uni, no work ,, just waiting ..we will get soon hopefully

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hello!
I applied for study permit extension on 13 October but still waiting for it. I called cic they said that they recieved and send acknowledgment letter on 23 November so that’s why it is taking long. However, I have submission confirmation letter stating 13 October receiving date. So I didn’t understand and very upset as an immigration consultant filed my case. I am worried whether he did it correctly or not? Can anybody help me please?

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hello!
I applied for study permit extension on 13 October but still waiting for it. I called cic they said that they recieved and send acknowledgment letter on 23 November so that’s why it is taking long. However, I have submission confirmation letter stating 13 October receiving date. So I didn’t understand and very upset as an immigration consultant filed my case. I am worried whether he did it correctly or not? Can anybody help me please?
Did you/your agent submit it online or by paper? If online, you should have a status update already, check your status or ask your consultant to check your status online (takes 5 seconds), it would tell you the receive time too.
I don't have experience with paper submission.

65578ghj

Feb 9, 2020
I applied on January 18 2020. I think I will recieve my application decision around 1 week of may. Does anyone applied around January?

nemuritai

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I applied on January 18 2020. I think I will recieve my application decision around 1 week of may. Does anyone applied around January?
I applied Nov 1..
my guess is the current spike is from people who finished summer school at the end of August and applied for extension in the following 3 months so Sept and Oct had huge spikes in volume and still waiting to see about November, but December and January should be lower if my theory is true. Still 110 or more is very possible, stay tuned.

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Did you/your agent submit it online or by paper? If online, you should have a status update already, check your status or ask your consultant to check your status online (takes 5 seconds), it would tell you the receive time too.
I don't have experience with paper submission.
Thank you for your reply. He applied it online and now not answering my call. He might missed docs before I think, and submitted later. Anyhow, let’s hope for the best.

Reactions: nemuritai