+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

bayesian guy

Nov 20, 2019
Same! Same! Same! I applied at Sept. 22 and I guess all applications submitted in Sept. are on hold. My friend applied late Aug. and he got approved just early Oct.. Idk what those guys are doing these two months since the time is enough for them to finish the Sept. applications

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Why this processing time is fluctuating up and down in august. I applied on sept 17 and processing time was 39 days and they were working on applications received on Aug 2.

First 14 Aug to 17Aug 54 Days
Then 17 aug to 14 Au. 65 days
The 14 Aug to 19 Aug 75 days
Now 19 Aug to 2 Aug. 99 days

I call to help line and he informed me that you are saying right time is going up and down but we have to follow website as well.
They are screwing up our new year plans.

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Yes exactly the same feeling. Have you try to contact them? I honestly I haven't tried because I am so busy with school stuff.
But if anyone has any update please share
I called about 2 weeks ago, they said I have to cancel my trip. But how is it fair? If they are taking 3 times longer they should at least offer some status to return or allow to get TRV before SP extension.
I also tried calling today, and it took me 20 min to listen to all the info about study and work permit just to tell me they could not connect me to an agent.
I will try calling again first thing in the morning.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Same! Same! Same! I applied at Sept. 22 and I guess all applications submitted in Sept. are on hold. My friend applied late Aug. and he got approved just early Oct.. Idk what those guys are doing these two months since the time is enough for them to finish the Sept. applications
When in October did your friend get a response? By my estimate, they should be processing applications for September and October now but something seem to be off. Let us hope they will update this soon enough. I am worried sick and I applied in the last week of October.

Last edited:

bayesian guy

Nov 20, 2019
When in October did your friend get a response? By my estimate, they should be processing applications for September and October now but something seem to be off. Let us hope they will update this soon enough. I am worried sick and I applied in the last week of October.
He got approved early october.

bayesian guy

Nov 20, 2019
I checked their service standard and it says

Study permit (new permit and extension) applications submitted in Canada
  • Our service standard: process applications within 120 days
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications
  • Our performance in 2018-2019: processed 99% of applications within the standard

Reactions: Shahidmustafa197

Psg88

Nov 20, 2019
I called about 2 weeks ago, they said I have to cancel my trip. But how is it fair? If they are taking 3 times longer they should at least offer some status to return or allow to get TRV before SP extension.
I also tried calling today, and it took me 20 min to listen to all the info about study and work permit just to tell me they could not connect me to an agent.
I will try calling again first thing in the morning.
This is so unfair! Hopefully you will be able to communicate tomorrow.

Kraf245

Mar 22, 2017
I also applied on 24th September and haven't heard anything yet. Processing time is getting bigger each week. Its my last semester and due to this i am having hard time in concentrating on studies.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
He got approved early october.
So at least we know they should have started working on/completed September applications now, which is worrying.

Did anyone apply in the first few weeks of September? Before the 20th at least? Have you gotten a response?

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Can you Please share any contact of your friend?? email, mobile, whatsapp, facebook chat???

I am inside canada.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Follow the timeline, if it goes up , add that days to your application date.

I applied on July 3rd, and was approved according to the estimate that time, of around 38 days.

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
So the agent on the call today stated that there is nothing they/we can can do and we should not leave Canada for Christmas if we don't have a visa. I understand the times go up and down, but I believe this is unacceptable considering we follow their rules.