+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

iamevan

Nov 12, 2019
Hello, I submitted an online application to extend my study permit on September 20th. Initially the processing time was 39 days approximately and now it is more than 70. They haven't reviewed my eligibility.
Did anyone apply within the same time and got their extension, or at least the eligibility pass?

Gwenlau

Nov 11, 2019
Nope. I am pretty sure if they finished reviewing our eligibility, we would have gotten a response already.

iamevan

Nov 12, 2019
Nope. I am pretty sure if they finished reviewing our eligibility, we would have gotten a response already.
I've been trying to call IRCC but an automated voice message always says something like "we are unable to transfer your call to our agents, please try again later".

When does your study permit expire? Mine expires next week.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
For that, call them up and ask about eligibility review .

They will answer if it’s passed or pending.

I did that when I applied for my extension.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I've been trying to call IRCC but an automated voice message always says something like "we are unable to transfer your call to our agents, please try again later".

When does your study permit expire? Mine expires next week.

Keep trying again and again.
Eventually you’ll go through.

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I applied for SP extension with spouse OWP extension. My question is will my spouse get her study permit first then I will get my work permit or we both will receive together??
I am confused about it. Some people says both will get response together and some says separate.
SP extension processing time is 75 days.
While OWP extension processing time is 117 days.
Applied date: September 17.

Psg88

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,
I am having the same situation as you guys. My student permit expires on December 1st and this is my last semester. I applied late September for the extension when the estimated time was 35 days. I have been checking the website and it's been stuck in 75 days, but today it says 99 days. It moved from August 17 to August 2. This website is not making sense and I am getting worried. I thought I was doing my paperwork with enough time but now is not the case.
My application status keep saying is submitted, not any update has been sent.

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
These times are ridiculous. Even following the advice of applying 3 months in advance and having to wait 99 days now is screwing all my Christmas plans because i would have to apply for TRV as well after that and would not be able to leave Canada.

Psg88

Nov 20, 2019
These times are ridiculous. Even following the advice of applying 3 months in advance and having to wait 99 days now is screwing all my Christmas plans because i would have to apply for TRV as well after that and would not be able to leave Canada.
Yes exactly the same feeling. Have you try to contact them? I honestly I haven't tried because I am so busy with school stuff.
But if anyone has any update please share