+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

scott.2

Jan 28, 2018
Hello, I am applying to extend my study permit. For expected end date of study on the application form, should I just put the date my program ends or should I add 90 days?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
This snippet from https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/canadas-immigration-minister-shares-coronavirus-updates-0514283.html
hoping for +ve news

International Students: Minister hints at more flexibility
The minister stated that IRCC is extremely grateful to various stakeholders who have provided feedback on how the federal government can adjust its international student policies in response to the pandemic. He noted IRCC’s recent Post-Graduation Work Permit reform which enables international students who take online courses to remain eligible for the PGWP.

IRCC remains in consultations with post-secondary stakeholders on how it can help international students that will be enrolling in Canadian designated learning institutions during the September intake period, which is typically when most international students begin their programs in Canada. The minister said “stay tuned” for more information.

Reactions: ree14

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Just wondering why do you guys want the actual extension? If you applied you are on implied status and are fine to continue to study right? I sense a lot of anxiety here which I'm trying to understand. Also you can apply PGWP on implied status. I will probably apply for extension soon and wonder if Im missing something.