+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

efgyab

Mar 2, 2020
Yeah, it is annoying. I have had to stop working this month cause I was done school. I also had a physician test done today that I had to pay out of pocket for.

It's very annoying.
I sincerely think or feel this is unfair. At least, CIC should send us a message even if you need further information from us. Waiting for more than 4 months on study permit extension is incredible. I still can't believe this with my eyes.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I sincerely think or feel this is unfair. At least, CIC should send us a message even if you need further information from us. Waiting for more than 4 months on study permit extension is incredible. I still can't believe this with my eyes.
To be fair to them (And I'm trying my best here), I don't believe it is unique to us extending a permit. I have seen the same with work permit extension and PGWP applications. Obviously, something should be done with inland application processing times but I guess it's their country, their rules.

Reactions: efgyab

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
why did you have to pay out of pocket?
Because my provincial health insurance expired last month and I wanted to get it done out of the way before Covid-19 affects regular health checks. I will be reimbursed for it when my permit comes in and it wasn't a huge amount so all good.

Reactions: Anna828

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Because my provincial health insurance expired last month and I wanted to get it done out of the way before Covid-19 affects regular health checks. I will be reimbursed for it when my permit comes in and it wasn't a huge amount so all good.
ah ok. I think we can also extend UHIP for another 4 months or so after we graduate?

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
This is actually funny. People who applied in December are already getting their applications approved and all the late November applications are still waiting. I applied Nov 18 and no updates no review of eligibility either.

Mik1994

Feb 23, 2020
This is actually funny. People who applied in December are already getting their applications approved and all the late November applications are still waiting. I applied Nov 18 and no updates no review of eligibility either.
I applied on Nov 18 too. Just checked my account a while ago and received an update that they are reviewing my eligibility. I did not get an email about it though. Just happened to check my account.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I applied on Nov 18 too. Just checked my account a while ago and received an update that they are reviewing my eligibility. I did not get an email about it though. Just happened to check my account.
Ha, bit of a good news then! Keep it coming folks!

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I applied on Nov 30, it has been showing we are still reviewing your eligibility since then. Anyone else have same since the day the applied?

Mik1994

Feb 23, 2020
Good news! I checked my account again a while back and the SP extension been approved. I applied on Nov 18.

Tosty

Apr 3, 2020
I applied on January 7 and today i received "validity of your biometric infornation" letter, is a good sign??