+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
I applied for my SP extension and my spouse's OWP extension on Oct 30, 2019.
As of today, my application is still in progress, but the OWP extension is in eligibility review.

Vee15

Oct 26, 2019
Guys I called in and asked and they said eligibility passed . When I asked the guy on the phone what does that mean he said it’s pretty straight forward I’m so confused because my account has no other update . Does anyone know what that means

Mickey0712

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Is there is a reason you guys are choosing not to flagpole? Are there risks associated with this?
My study permit has already expired that's y I cant do flag pole! The day I applied for my extension the waiting time was 47 days never knew it would stretch so much

Vee15

Oct 26, 2019
Applied 11 October 2019 with restoration of status . Apparently I got approved 23rd but my portable hasn’t been updated as I called in and asked . Do you think this can change because why else haven’t they updated my portal?

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
My study permit has already expired that's y I cant do flag pole! The day I applied for my extension the waiting time was 47 days never knew it would stretch so much
ya same for me . My TRV expired on 31 December 2019 , study permit expired on 30 November 2019 . SP extension I applied on 24 September 2019 and that time processing time of SP extension application was only 30 days and until today I am waiting for extension.Tomorrow I will receive my completion letter and transcripts from college means no more student status , cannot work 20 hours per week and cannot apply for PGWP because I do not have valid study permit. I do not know how I will pay my rent , no more hope of getting extension because I fed up with their same answer '' application in processing'' .I feel like they put my application aside. I do not know what I can do in this situation and where to go for help .Totally exhausted from this immigration services.:(:(:(:(,all the time IRCC in my head , crying daily :(:(.I tried every thing web form 3 times , calling more than 15 times.Is there any other options

Chintan212

Jan 7, 2020
ya same for me . My TRV expired on 31 December 2019 , study permit expired on 30 November 2019 . SP extension I applied on 24 September 2019 and that time processing time of SP extension application was only 30 days and until today I am waiting for extension.Tomorrow I will receive my completion letter and transcripts from college means no more student status , cannot work 20 hours per week and cannot apply for PGWP because I do not have valid study permit. I do not know how I will pay my rent , no more hope of getting extension because I fed up with their same answer '' application in processing'' .I feel like they put my application aside. I do not know what I can do in this situation and where to go for help .Totally exhausted from this immigration services.:(:(:(:(,all the time IRCC in my head , crying daily :(:(.I tried every thing web form 3 times , calling more than 15 times.Is there any other options
All i can suggest is go to a lawyer

Reactions: Nav_deep

Reet$77

Jan 22, 2020
Hi guys, does anyone knows that when we can get SP by mail after getting approved. I have already got approved on 22 dec but haven’t get SP yet.