+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension and TRV

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
Hi All,

I have applied for an extension to my study permit from inside Canada and on the same application I applied for Temporary resident visa (IMM 5257) since the one I have on my passport now has expired the same day as my study permit (4th of May). Yesterday I got a message from IRCC that my study permit extension has been approved and a new study permit has mailed to me. But the main issue here that I doesn't mention anything about the visa or didn't request for my passport.

Have anyone had the same problem before? Can I travel to my country for a visit and enter Canada with my new study permit without visa?

Thanks,

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi All,

I have applied for an extension to my study permit from inside Canada and on the same application I applied for Temporary resident visa (IMM 5257) since the one I have on my passport now has expired the same day as my study permit (4th of May). Yesterday I got a message from IRCC that my study permit extension has been approved and a new study permit has mailed to me. But the main issue here that I doesn't mention anything about the visa or didn't request for my passport.

Have anyone had the same problem before? Can I travel to my country for a visit and enter Canada with my new study permit without visa?

Thanks,
For In canada SP extension they will just mail to you. However, since you have another application for TRV, it is important to raise webform to update on TRV application that your TRP is approved. You can not travel until your received TRV stamped on your PP

Last edited:
Reactions: bakr_emara

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
For In canada SP extension they will just email to you. However, since you have another application for TRV, it is important to raise webform to update on TRV application that your TRP is approved. You can not travel until your received TRV stamped on your PP
Thanks Simba112 for your reply. I hope that they didn't just forgot about my TRV

Ladylora

Jul 28, 2022
Hello bark_emara,

Please I want to ask, did you submit proof of fund for your study permit extension?

Jaggi__

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks,
Could you please share your timeline?

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
Could you please share your timeline?
I applied 2nd of February, three months before the expiration date of my original study permit and got approval on 25th of July. Nothing before the approval not even eligibility check just nothing complete silence until four days ago

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
I applied 2nd of February, three months before the expiration date of my original study permit and got approval on 25th of July. Nothing before the approval not even eligibility check just nothing complete silence until four days ago
Hi did you hear back about your TRV?

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks,
Hi did they approve your TRV?