+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension and SOWP together

anushav

Jul 27, 2023
Hi everyone, my spouse and I are currently on study permits. I have decided to take a second course and as a result, I'll need to apply for a study permit extension. During this process, I had a question in mind that some of you might have experience with. Can I also apply for an Open Work Permit (OWP) for my spouse along with my study permit extension application? If any of you have gone through a similar situation or have information about this, we'd greatly appreciate your insights and advice. Feel free to drop a comment or send me a message if you have any helpful tips or guidance to share. Your support means a lot to us!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, my spouse and I are currently on study permits. I have decided to take a second course and as a result, I'll need to apply for a study permit extension. During this process, I had a question in mind that some of you might have experience with. Can I also apply for an Open Work Permit (OWP) for my spouse along with my study permit extension application? If any of you have gone through a similar situation or have information about this, we'd greatly appreciate your insights and advice. Feel free to drop a comment or send me a message if you have any helpful tips or guidance to share. Your support means a lot to us!
Did your spouse finish their program? A PGWP would be guaranteed while an SOWP isn’t so PGWP would be a better option.

anushav

Jul 27, 2023
His course will be finished this month. Will he be able to apply for SOWP after PGWP as he's currently enrolled in one year program and he'll get only one year PGWP?