+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension already 200 days no Update yet!!! please help

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
hi
I applied for study permit extension aug3 2021 and I still haven't got any single update
idk what to do I tried calling them many times all they keep saying its in processing"
I tried GCMS note but I cant see anything special and it says they are still reviewing my eligibility!!!
Anyone have any suggestion please let me know and would be much helpful -_-
thank you in advance!!!!!!!!
:(

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Hello, my situation is similar. My husband and I applied applied on September 25th, and still waiting. It is taking really long.
Atleast its sep25 mine Aug3 :(
What about the eligibility part says? “We are reviewing you meet eligibility requirements “??

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
Contact your MP for him or her to get an update for you. Explain to your MP that this is causing soo much stress for you and you want to know what is holding your file. I did this and my file was approved last week.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Contact your MP for him or her to get an update for you. Explain to your MP that this is causing soo much stress for you and you want to know what is holding your file. I did this and my file was approved last week.
Unless it is about Ukraine or Afghanistan most MPs are being to IRCC can’t help them. If people have similar processing times as everyone else you are just stuck in a backlog and you just have to wait. If your wait time is much different than the majority of applicants than there might be something wrong or something that can be done. On this case this is just a situation of a very long backlog.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi
I applied for study permit extension aug3 2021 and I still haven't got any single update
idk what to do I tried calling them many times all they keep saying its in processing"
I tried GCMS note but I cant see anything special and it says they are still reviewing my eligibility!!!
This is fairly standard wait times for ex tensions these days. You should be hearing sometime soon. Average is around 6 months.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
hi
For extension, they have almost 90% of all applications under maintained status/implied status as long as you do not leave Canada, it is not priority

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Well today i got a friend who has been waiting for sp extension since one year and 2 months he applied on nov 2020 no update yet!!!
So am happy
But this is insane and i talked to my MP he said he will contact IRCC regarding my application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well today i got a friend who has been waiting for sp extension since one year and 2 months he applied on nov 2020 no update yet!!!
So am happy
But this is insane and i talked to my MP he said he will contact IRCC regarding my application.
Nov 2020 doesn’t make sense. There is more going on with the application and your friend should follow-up. Many who applied at the same time as you did still waiting so you are not an outlier. MPs can’t help if you are going through the same processing times as others.

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Nov 2020 doesn’t make sense. There is more going on with the application and your friend should follow-up. Many who applied at the same time as you did still waiting so you are not an outlier. MPs can’t help if you are going through the same processing times as others.
Then why does their website says 60 days for sp extension ‍♂ Doesn’t make sense
More than that i know few people applied late nov already got approved
I graduated already and applied pgwp too
I hope they will approve soon

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
hi
Any news for you? I have seen some people got decisions and they applied since Jan

Reactions: jjj123545