+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

darkbus

Sep 22, 2023
Hello guys, I applied my study permit extension on May 31st, until today September 22, there is no any news. I graduated on September 15, applied the PGWP, however I didn't get the correspondence letter show me I can work legally. Because my study permit is expired already. It is so frustrating.
Cannot work, I will lose my job,

Juleskiki

Jun 16, 2019
Well, we can only wait. I will update you guys if anything changes on my end. I submitted my application on the 2nd of May!
Hey guys,
So eligibility started on the 22nd of September, and BIometrics validity letter was sent out at the same time. We got approval for both the study permit and SOWP later that evening! We applied on the 2nd of May!

Reactions: MrsWaqas

MrsWaqas

Dec 15, 2019
Hi Guys
I applied on March 11- For my study permit extension SOWP and kids visa extensions. No updates. My file is in Etobikoke. I called last month They said we are processing. No use of raising webforms. We tried doing flagpoling today but CBSA sent us back saying if you flagpole, it's a risk as your TRV and peits both are expired.
I am really frustrated.

xmagdii

Jul 18, 2023
Hi Guys
I applied on March 11- For my study permit extension SOWP and kids visa extensions. No updates. My file is in Etobikoke. I called last month They said we are processing. No use of raising webforms. We tried doing flagpoling today but CBSA sent us back saying if you flagpole, it's a risk as your TRV and peits both are expired.
I am really frustrated.
I applied since 1st of March. No updates yet.

darkbus

Sep 22, 2023
What a f*** days, I raised web form at least 100 times, every time, just told me they have high volume of requests. It far exceeds the regular processing time.
Please tell me what should I do?

Guillermo_23

Sep 7, 2023
Hi friends,

Update. My sp extension and my wife's opw extension were approved today. No email was sent. I checked the site, and they were there.

This is the timeline:
Applied: May 8th
BVL: September 29th (they sent a biometrics validation letter, but they didn't start eligibility review).
Approved: October 3th.

It was a huge waiting time. It was exhausting mentally and spiritually.

Best wishes all of you. I hope you get yours as soon as possible.

Reactions: BiancaB

BiancaB

Aug 25, 2023
Hi friends,

Update. My sp extension and my wife's opw extension were approved today. No email was sent. I checked the site, and they were there.

This is the timeline:
Applied: May 8th
BVL: September 29th (they sent a biometrics validation letter, but they didn't start eligibility review).
Approved: October 3th.

It was a huge waiting time. It was exhausting mentally and spiritually.

Best wishes all of you. I hope you get yours as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!

darkbus

Sep 22, 2023
Update, I wait for my SP extension, or I will lose my job, so I went to the border to get my PGWP last week. yes, I got it. so far I can work legally.

Reactions: BiancaB

BiancaB

Aug 25, 2023
Update, I wait for my SP extension, or I will lose my job, so I went to the border to get my PGWP last week. yes, I got it. so far I can work legally.
where did you do it? Nice to know that. Then did you get your permit at that moment? Im in similar situation, my current expires at the end of this month.When I call IRCC they say I can maintain status but not sure how I can maintain a job with a expired SIN.

Bolabeauty

Sep 24, 2023
I submitted my sp extension with sowp extension on feb 1st 2023. No response yet. I raised a webform 3 days back and no reply for that too. My study is getting done in August and study permit is only valid till july 10th.
This is so much stressful and depressing for me.
Hi as your application been approved now?

Priya0906

Aug 22, 2023
Hello, keeping you updated.

Submitted the extension request: April 6, 2023
Sent 2 web forms: the response is that they have a high volume of requests so I need to wait.
Eligibility is under review since Friday Aug 18th.
The extension was approved today