+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

Kdiaz

Aug 4, 2023
Hey! How long you wait between the 2 forms?
I applied for the extension on May 14th and no changes until now.
Thanks!
Hi Bianca, I sent a web form at beginning and another at the end of June. I never got an answer for the first one and on the second one they just said I had to wait. Considering the timelines that have been shared in the forum, I assumed my permit was going to be processed in August and it was. So, maybe yours is processed any time from now until September. I know how hard it is, but you are almost there. All the best.

BiancaB

Aug 25, 2023
I applied for Study permit and SOWP extension on the 2nd May 2023, but no update yet! Permits are expiring on the 31st of August, it is exhausting!!
Have you try the webform? I used it last week, no changes till now but at least they reply saying I need to wait.

Juleskiki

Jun 16, 2019
Have you try the webform? I used it last week, no changes till now but at least they reply saying I need to wait.
Yes, I did, got the same generic response after 24hours. I have also called the IRCC callcenter, they dropped a note for them over 3 weeks ago. By the way, do you have any idea where your application is processed mine is at Edmonton

BiancaB

Aug 25, 2023
Yes, I did, got the same generic response after 24hours. I have also called the IRCC callcenter, they dropped a note for them over 3 weeks ago. By the way, do you have any idea where your application is processed mine is at Edmonton
Dont know. How do you know where is processed?

xmagdii

Jul 18, 2023
I was surprised when I called IRCC, they said that my file was not touched by any agents because it was at Yellowknife, NT for more than 5 months. No one has approached to my file all that time, so annoying. Finally, I requested to transfer my file to other office.

Last edited:

BiancaB

Aug 25, 2023
I was surprised when I called IRCC, they said that my file was not touched by any agents because it was at Yellowknife, NT for more than 3 months. No one has approached to my file all that time, so annoying. Finally, I requested to transfer my file to other office.
:eek:Really?! And when do you current permit expires? Please both keep us posted when you extensions are approved.

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
I was on maintained status for 3 months

Guillermo_23

Sep 7, 2023
Wanted to share my experience as I browsed this topic:

applied on July 8th (permit expiring on 31st)
Received bvl on August 1st
Approved on 2nd of August

Very quick turnaround and they basically approved me as soon my permit expired.
Hi, did you apply only for study permit extension or also sowp together?