+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

Tubiti

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I am happy for you Tubiti, i hope you have now applied for your PGWP. for me i am still waiting for my own approval. We got approval for my son VR since June 1st and nothing again since then. I am so exhausted from this wait. i really need to apply for my PGWP
ah no i extended my sp. not at the point of pgwp yet. now about to apply to renew the trv. good luck with your pgwp. fingers crossed!

Tubiti

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
it's a visitor visa ( 19 days). you dont need a visitor record as your SP is your own document to remain in Canada just like what a VR does for children and some adults too.
i hope it really is 19 days. bcoz i need to get uk visa after this plus i need to travel to my home country. things take really long here. sigh!

op75

Jun 11, 2023
I submitted my sp extension with sowp extension on feb 1st 2023. No response yet. I raised a webform 3 days back and no reply for that too. My study is getting done in August and study permit is only valid till july 10th.
This is so much stressful and depressing for me.
Exact same situation here. Applied for sp extension + sowp extension on Feb 1, 2023.
Both expired on March 31st so we are on implied status since then.
Multiple webforms, no meaningful response.
At first, we thought the sp extension process times would be applicable to our application since the main applicant is a student. However, looking at where we are now, I think we should better follow the wp extension processing time which is 138 days at the moment. This means we're almost there, fingers crossed.

AleenaRooben

Mar 28, 2023
Exact same situation here. Applied for sp extension + sowp extension on Feb 1, 2023.
At first, we thought the sp extension process times would be applicable to our application since the main applicant is a student. However, looking at where we are now, I think we should better follow the wp extension processing time which is 138 days at the moment. This means we're almost there, fingers crossed.
Please let me know when you get an update in your visa status. I have applied for SP + SOWP extension on Feb 9th. No updates till now

alirezaa_a2

Jan 11, 2019
i applied for extension on march 20,2023 and mine showing we are processing your backgroud check

then asked me transcripts and attendance after two months on april 26,2023 and i sent next day

may 18 ,2023 they said they transferred my application to my nearest ircc office ( from edmonton to fredeicton )
Same here. Applied for SP extension on March 9th. Today received and email indicating my application's been transferred to Etobicoke office.. any update on your application?

bgmhalo

Jun 14, 2023
Your situation is exactly the same as ours. We applied on February 3 2023 and there is no news yet. SP Ex. We thought it was, but we've already exceeded that deadline. When we made our first application, I applied as SP and my husband as visitor, there SP terms were announced in 60 days from my country, while the visitor visa took 6 months. Our consultant who carried out the proceedings said that the main applicant is based on whoever his application is, and that is indeed the case, but when we applied from within Canada, we said that this was not the case at all. We currently live in Ontario.

designnomad

Jan 17, 2022
I don't know why the processing time can take up to 6 months, I applied study permit extension and SOWP for my wife on Jan 2023, 5 months has passed and not a single update.

bgmhalo

Jun 14, 2023
I can say it was the most stressful period of my life. If I had known it would be this bad, I definitely wouldn't have come.

jigsa

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
I don't know why the processing time can take up to 6 months, I applied study permit extension and SOWP for my wife on Jan 2023, 5 months has passed and not a single update.
surpiresed to see that they haven't touch your application? Did you call IRCC for follow up?

Tubiti

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
my SP and my spouse'se sowp extensions took more than 5 months as well but now we have them. you should be getting it anytime now.

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No