+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extended but VISA not stamped

zb134

Oct 20, 2010
Hi,
New here, so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I am a Indian student in Canada. My original Indian passport with which I entered Canada expired after 4 months of my stay here, so I applied for and got a new one.

My study permit and TRV ended with the original passports expiry. But I applied for and got a extended study permit.

I believe that the TRV is also extended with study permit extension. However, it is not stamped on my new passport. I did not have to send the actual passport when I applied for the extension of study permit. I know that the study permit itself doesn’t permit re-entry.

I tried contacting the visa office Buffalo, but all they replies is that the Visa is extended with the study permit and should be stamped in the passport.

Thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zb134 said:
Hi,
New here, so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I am a Indian student in Canada. My original Indian passport with which I entered Canada expired after 4 months of my stay here, so I applied for and got a new one.

My study permit and TRV ended with the original passports expiry. But I applied for and got a extended study permit.

I believe that the TRV is also extended with study permit extension. However, it is not stamped on my new passport. I did not have to send the actual passport when I applied for the extension of study permit. I know that the study permit itself doesn't permit re-entry.

I tried contacting the visa office Buffalo, but all they replies is that the Visa is extended with the study permit and should be stamped in the passport.

Thanks!!
1. The TRV is not extended, it is a separate application and you have to apply for it at an office outside Canada. If you are in Canada, on the US offices. All Vegreville can do is extend the study permit.