+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit expired

CopaceticZ

Feb 17, 2022
Hello,

My study permit expired 6 months back and I did not know until now, I am currently in Canada and still attending university online, upon arrival to Canada, I was told I am allowed to stay in the country even if my permit expired but I would not be able to come back if I left until it is renewed. What are my options?

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your replies.

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
Hello,

My study permit expired 6 months back and I did not know until now, I am currently in Canada and still attending university online, upon arrival to Canada, I was told I am allowed to stay in the country even if my permit expired but I would not be able to come back if I left until it is renewed. What are my options?

Apply for restoration of status + study permit extension with all documentation as soon as possible and add a letter of explanation indicating you were not aware your study permit had expired

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Apply for restoration of status + study permit extension with all documentation as soon as possible and add a letter of explanation indicating you were not aware your study permit had expired
They don’t qualify for restoration.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have been without status in Canada for 6 months. If you are working you must stop. Your only option is to apply for a new study permit. If you can’t study in Canada until you have a valid study permit. The fact that you are studying online may allow you to keep studying. I would be consulting a lawyer.

chiazoka

Oct 9, 2015
Hello,

Hello

Please, can you provide an update regarding your friend's status. My brother is currently in the same position. He has applied for TRV but it's now more than a year without reply.

We are considering if he should leave Canada and come back home