+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Expired!

ashooravand

Aug 3, 2010
Hello,
My study permit expired on July 17th but I did not apply till July 28th because I had to renew my passport first. Then my school gave me the wrong letter by mistake so I had to wait for them to prepare the right letter and that delayed the process as well. I've given all these details on my application form and attached copies of my both old and new passport plus the wrong letter school provided me with (I've also mentioned that the difference between the issue dates of the letters support my claim.) I just wanted to know what are the chances my application gets refused considering the lady in the international office told me they are being a bit strict these days. and if it does get refused, do they have any appeal system?

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ashooravand said:
Hello,
My study permit expired on July 17th but I did not apply till July 28th because I had to renew my passport first. Then my school gave me the wrong letter by mistake so I had to wait for them to prepare the right letter and that delayed the process as well. I've given all these details on my application form and attached copies of my both old and new passport plus the wrong letter school provided me with (I've also mentioned that the difference between the issue dates of the letters support my claim.) I just wanted to know what are the chances my application gets refused considering the lady in the international office told me they are being a bit strict these days. and if it does get refused, do they have any appeal system?

Cheers
I hope you sent the application for re-instatement, since you were out of status when you applied.

ashooravand

Aug 3, 2010
Is there a different application form for that? My school's international office did not tell me anything. they gave me the same application form.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ashooravand said:
Is there a different application form for that? My school's international office did not tell me anything. they gave me the same application form.
Yes You have to check box D http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF and follow the information See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5552E.PDF page 11