+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Expired Please Advice

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Dear Group Members,
Greetings Of The Day !!!
I am International Student from India and I have not qualified one Subject out of my 3 Yr Advance Diploma and I have overall GPA 3.2/4, My study permit have expired in March unfortunatily i have not applied for restoration of status and now I am planing to leave to India as soon as i get the Flight. Please Advice what to do next. will i have to apply for Fresh Study Permit From India to complete my pending one course ( Only One Subject ). I can not understand what to do Please Advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Group Members,
Greetings Of The Day !!!
I am International Student from India and I have not qualified one Subject out of my 3 Yr Advance Diploma and I have overall GPA 3.2/4, My study permit have expired in March unfortunatily i have not applied for restoration of status and now I am planing to leave to India as soon as i get the Flight. Please Advice what to do next. will i have to apply for Fresh Study Permit From India to complete my pending one course ( Only One Subject ). I can not understand what to do Please Advice.
Yes - you will need to apply for a new study permit once you are back home in India. Since there will be a big break in your studies, it's quite likely that you will not be able to get a PGWP after you finish your studies.

Reactions: Jagtar_Singh

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Thanks Scylla,
Please advice do i require Fresh ILETS Scroe for Study Permit Application or not as i have been studying for more than 2 years In Canadaian atmosphere.
Do i need study permit even if my college will be taking Online Classes due To Covid-19. My planing is to attend the Online classes for my one course in India in Fall-2020 (September) session and then after completion of my studies and graduating in Jan-21 I should apply for PGWP from India. Please advice, Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla,
Please advice do i require Fresh ILETS Scroe for Study Permit Application or not as i have been studying for more than 2 years In Canadaian atmosphere.
Do i need study permit even if my college will be taking Online Classes due To Covid-19. My planing is to attend the Online classes for my one course in India in Fall-2020 (September) session and then after completion of my studies and graduating in Jan-21 I should apply for PGWP from India. Please advice, Thanks.
I don't think a fresh IELTS test is needed.

If you simply want to finish your program from India and will not be applying for a PGWP, then you don't need a new study permit.

If you want to try applying for a PGWP, then a study permit is mandatory to complete your studies. As said before, the chances of a PGWP being approved after you finish are likely low due to the break in your studies.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
I don't think a fresh IELTS test is needed.

If you simply want to finish your program from India and will not be applying for a PGWP, then you don't need a new study permit.

If you want to try applying for a PGWP, then a study permit is mandatory to complete your studies. As said before, the chances of a PGWP being approved after you finish are likely low due to the break in your studies.
Thanks Scylla for answering my questions. The main reason I couldn’t apply for my application was because my college couldn’t provide the documents on time. So, if I can get the documents for my college saying there was a problem issuing my documents from their side, will it be helpful in my further study permit and PGWP file process. Please advice. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla for answering my questions. The main reason I couldn’t apply for my application was because my college couldn’t provide the documents on time. So, if I can get the documents for my college saying there was a problem issuing my documents from their side, will it be helpful in my further study permit and PGWP file process. Please advice. Thank you
I don't know if this will help. But you can certainly try.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Scylla Thanks For your helping hand,
As per your experience/ expertise will my application for study permit be approved as i have only one subject pending in completion of my 3yr Advance Diploma and i have good score of GPA. What precautions should i use while applying study permit and how can i make my application strong.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Dear Scylla
Do I also have the option to apply for TRP along with Study permit application as i have come to know that one of my freind's cousin was in the same situation like mine and he applied for TRP with study permit application and his application was approved in May-20