+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Duration For Students in ICM (International College of Manitoba)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You would not get a PGWP or work permit if you attend. It is not a good school and has a reputation as a college mill. It is not associated with the U of M.

Your study permit length is based on your length of studies.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021
What are you taking? It is not a good school and has a reputation as a college mill. It is not associated with the U of M.
I have already completed one semester in online from my home country. I am in UTP Stage 2 which is equivalent to U Of M 1st year. I got my visa approval also.

Can you help me by giving the information that how many years of Study Permit a student of ICM (UTP Stage - 2) gets at the Port Of Entry ?
Thanks in advance. ❤

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have your visa, it will be based on the length of your program. You will not get a PGWP or work permit with this program at its completion.

Feb 1, 2021
If you have your visa, it will be based on the length of your program. You will not get a PGWP or work permit with this program at its completion.
Yeah I know that by completing this 1 year program I will not get PGWP. In my offer letter it is stated that My program is 1 year at ICM + 3 years at U of M.
Does that mean I will get study permit of 4 years ?
Or I will at first get study permit of 1 year and later I have to extend it ?
I am in huge confusion.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have admittance from the Univeristy of Manitoba for the second year? Not a letter from ICM. ICM is not affiliated with the university so you may still need acceptance from the U of M to get your study permit for the other 3 years.