Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
I just arrived to Canada and prior to travelling, I have changed my DLI already. But when I was issued my study permit, it indicates my original DLI before I transferred. It is also in a different province.

How will I be re-issued a new study permit with my current DLI? Thanks

Reactions: Negar_ag

Negar_ag

Jan 20, 2021
I just arrived to Canada and prior to travelling, I have changed my DLI already. But when I was issued my study permit, it indicates my original DLI before I transferred. It is also in a different province.

I have an unrelevant question. Were they Ok with DLI change before entering Canada? What documents you showed to the border officer?

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Yep, they were. I wasn't asked for any other documents but I brought both LOA and screenshots where I changed DLI's in my GCKey account. I was just asked which province I will be studying and I mentioned the one I changed it to.

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
UPDATE: I realized that i was given two permits: study permit and a work permit. My study permit indicates the province I am attending school at; whereas, the work permit indicates my original DLI which offers co-op. So technically, my work permit for the co-op is now void because i am not required a co-op at my DLI now.

Thanks to those who answered.

Negar_ag

Jan 20, 2021
Thank
Yep, they were. I wasn't asked for any other documents but I brought both LOA and screenshots where I changed DLI's in my GCKey account. I was just asked which province I will be studying and I mentioned the one I changed it to.
Thank you so much for your answer. Everyone keep scaring me that I shouldn’t have changed DLI prior to my arrival but I did it cuz my new admission was one semester earlier than the other and I had to. Your words relieved me. Thanks again and good luck

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Thank

Thank you so much for your answer. Everyone keep scaring me that I shouldn’t have changed DLI prior to my arrival but I did it cuz my new admission was one semester earlier than the other and I had to. Your words relieved me. Thanks again and good luck
Ah yes, I've gotten that too, but we're in the middle of a pandemic and my only defense is that my visa decision was taking too long! Lol. Thank god everything went smoothly. Goodluck with yours and have a safe trip! Hope everything goes smoothly as well :)

Feb 1, 2021
UPDATE: I realized that i was given two permits: study permit and a work permit. My study permit indicates the province I am attending school at; whereas, the work permit indicates my original DLI which offers co-op. So technically, my work permit for the co-op is now void because i am not required a co-op at my DLI now.

Thanks to those who answered.
In your case, Were both the study program of same field in different DLI's ?
If I change DLI before travelling, and my study field is different from the previous DLI will it cause any problem?
Please let me know. I am very confused.

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
In your case, Were both the study program of same field in different DLI's ?
If I change DLI before travelling, and my study field is different from the previous DLI will it cause any problem?
Please let me know. I am very confused.
Yes, same field in different DLI's.
I don't think so, it shouldn't be a problem. But I'm not sure.
It might be best to contact your school's licensed immigration consultant to be sure.

Diana Montoya

Feb 11, 2021

Hi ‍♀
I have two letters acceptance, I want to change of DLI, and I am going to study same program but in other province.
please I need your assistance for this one.

How do I it?

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Hi ‍♀
I have two letters acceptance, I want to change of DLI, and I am going to study same program but in other province.
please I need your assistance for this one.

How do I it?
Log in to your GCKey and then click Designated Learning Institution Student Transfer. Then fill in the needed details for your chosen school then poof, magic. :)

Diana Montoya

Feb 11, 2021
Log in to your GCKey and then click Designated Learning Institution Student Transfer. Then fill in the needed details for your chosen school then poof, magic. :)
Thanks for your response. I have other question, when I arrive to airport, what letter acceptance I show to officer? The letter new or the first letter? Because the new school is in other province. I scared.

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Since you changed your DLI on GCKey, might as well present the new LOA. My new school is also in another province and I didn't experience any complications with the CBSA officers.

I suggest you take screenshots of the steps you took while you're changing your DLI, print it and bring it with you if they need proof. You should also print out both old DLI LOA and new DLI LOA to be safe, but present only the new one and show the old one only if they ask.

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
I am very grateful to you. This information is important for me. You have great day!!
You too. Just ask if you have questions! :)

Additionally, I suggest you change your DLI after receiving your passport