+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit DLI Change and Employer Name

Diana Montoya

Feb 11, 2021
I have an unrelevant question. Were they Ok with DLI change before entering Canada? What documents you showed to the border officer?
Hi Negar
tell me how was it when you got to canada? Do you have a problem with the change of DLI? Did you also change province or not? What papers did you present?
Thanks a lot for your information

Diana Montoya

Feb 11, 2021
Hi Arkylz
I do not know what to do !! My advisor tells me not to change the DLI before arriving in Canada because I already have a quarantine plan with the other college in Ontario. but he also tells me that if I change from DLI and then travel to Manitoba it is seen as a misrepresentation and can create problems for me. I don't know what to do, whether to change the DLI before the trip (April 8) or after arriving.

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Hi Arkylz
I do not know what to do !! My advisor tells me not to change the DLI before arriving in Canada because I already have a quarantine plan with the other college in Ontario. but he also tells me that if I change from DLI and then travel to Manitoba it is seen as a misrepresentation and can create problems for me. I don't know what to do, whether to change the DLI before the trip (April 8) or after arriving.
Sorry, I am not really accredited to give any advice on any situation, I'm only here to tell about mine. I guess it's safer to trust your advisor since you already paid them to advise you on this. Additionally, the restrictions were different by the time I got here compared to now. Choose the safest option because the final decision is still dependent on the boarder agent you'll have.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi Arkylz

If you are changing DLI before travel, that's not possible anymore.
You have to file a whole new application.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi Arkylz

Changing your DLI if you’re outside Canada
If you change your DLI before coming to Canada and you don’t let us know, you won’t be allowed to board your flight.

If your application is still in progress
You can tell us you changed your DLI by submitting a new letter of acceptance using the IRCC web form.

If your application has been approved
If your application for a study permit has been approved and you change your DLI, you must submit a new study permit application with a new letter of acceptance.

You must also pay all the fees for the new application.

gattuso

Apr 15, 2023
Hi Arkylz
Hi Diana,r u in canada now?I have same issue also ..which letter did you show to them..the old loa or the new pls..I really need help spent alot already and got my ticket ready also

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Diana,r u in canada now?I have same issue also ..which letter did you show to them..the old loa or the new pls..I really need help spent alot already and got my ticket ready also
If you are outside Canada and have your study permit, you cannot change DLI. You need a new study permit.

gattuso

Apr 15, 2023
Hello,the school I used in getting my visa has given admission but a different program is that a concern?please anyone