+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit delay

stepadou

Aug 24, 2005
Hello.

Due to confusions with the Canadian Embassy in Rome I have found myself without the study permit (for PhD at McGill uni in Montreal), just a week before classes start.

I have already received my CAQ, but for the study permit they additionally asked me for a police certificate (penal record) from the UK, because I did a 1-year MSc course there some years ago.

Do you think it is possible to go now to Montreal, enter the country as a plain visitor (no visitor visa is required for Greeks), so that I don't miss classes and my whole studies, and then register properly as soon as my study permit is ready (no less than 40 days)? I suppose that I will then somehow have to get out of the country and re-enter. Somebody told me that there might be a problem if I go now as a visitor, because of my study permit file they are processing! Can this be true?!

Any help or other ideas would really help!

Thank you,
Stella

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn

ambujnagchaudhuri

Jul 16, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
File Transfer...
18-06-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17/07/2014
stepadou said:
Hello.

Due to confusions with the Canadian Embassy in Rome I have found myself without the study permit (for PhD at McGill uni in Montreal), just a week before classes start.

I have already received my CAQ, but for the study permit they additionally asked me for a police certificate (penal record) from the UK, because I did a 1-year MSc course there some years ago.

Do you think it is possible to go now to Montreal, enter the country as a plain visitor (no visitor visa is required for Greeks), so that I don't miss classes and my whole studies, and then register properly as soon as my study permit is ready (no less than 40 days)? I suppose that I will then somehow have to get out of the country and re-enter. Somebody told me that there might be a problem if I go now as a visitor, because of my study permit file they are processing! Can this be true?!

Any help or other ideas would really help!

Thank you,
Stella
How will you get a police clearance? If you are not in UK presently? You know the procedure?

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just open a topic on how to get police report in UK. You may probably get some tips.