May 4, 2021
Hello. I'm from Colombia too.
Timeline for my wife (SP) and me (SOWP):

Application Submission: May 13th
Biometrics completed: May 19th
BVL: August 23th
Eligibility updated: August 23th
PPR: August 23th

But my wife had to postpone the semester to winter because the deadline to college had to confirm before August 15th.
Hi!
Did you receive both SP and SOWP at the same time?

betozaler

Aug 31, 2021
Colombia
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi!
Did you receive both SP and SOWP at the same time?
Hi. Yes.
It was something that had us worried, if the approvals would arrive on different dates. but everything went well and everything was processed at the same time, even the passports.

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
Hi. Yes.
It was something that had us worried, if the approvals would arrive on different dates. but everything went well and everything was processed at the same time, even the passports.
That's great to know! I applied with my husband too.
How long did it take to get your passports back?
Though I lost hope and working on deferral too.

betozaler

Aug 31, 2021
Colombia
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bogota
That's great to know! I applied with my husband too.
How long did it take to get your passports back?
Though I lost hope and working on deferral too.
We have not received the return passport yet, we sent it by DHL on August 24, vfs global will notify you by SMS of each movement of the envelope, yesterday It was already at the ircc office in Bogotá for the visa stamp.

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
me too, I received BVL just right now. I am not going to lost my faith, I will explain my situation to my coordinator.
Well, it means you do have a great chance!! Congratulations!
I completed the medical exam on Monday and there was no update since then. I am afraid my process will take some more weeks:(

Valen95

Aug 31, 2021
Well, it means you do have a great chance!! Congratulations!
I completed the medical exam on Monday and there was no update since then. I am afraid my process will take some more weeks:(
Hi, unfortunately my application was refused due I didn’t demonstrate enough ties to return to my country :(. I really hope that your process conclude successfully.

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
Hi, unfortunately my application was refused due I didn’t demonstrate enough ties to return to my country :(. I really hope that your process conclude successfully.
Sorry to hear that! Order the GCMS notes and try again, just address carefully the concerns the VO has about your home ties.

Ale1234

Aug 25, 2021
Hello, today my study permit was refused for a weird reason
-Your school does not have an approved COVID-19 readiness plan. Thus at this time, they are not an approved Designated Learning Institution
Im gonna appeal with a lawyer probably because it doesnt make any sense

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Hello, today my study permit was refused for a weird reason
-Your school does not have an approved COVID-19 readiness plan. Thus at this time, they are not an approved Designated Learning Institution
Im gonna appeal with a lawyer probably because it doesnt make any sense
Sorry to hear that, what college did you apply to?
Here, you can check if your college has a Covid Readiness Plan so you’re able to travel to Canada to study. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/approved-dli.html

Reactions: IvanCanada123