+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Colombia 2020?

Ale1234

Aug 25, 2021
Does anyone knows if you can start classes online if you still don't have an answer of your study permit? Applied back in May 13 and did biometrics June 7 and I still don't have an answer from them but my classes start on September 13

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
Well you can if you are sure that you will get the visa eventually. And also I am not sure about PGWP rules for online studies.
My course is just 1 year and I wouldn't want to risk it.

Reactions: Ale1234

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
I thought applying from Colombia didn't need a medical exam?
I am a resident in Colombia but a citizen of another country maybe that's why, though I don't live in my country of citizenship for years.
It also might depend on the program you are going to study.

jmiller9

Aug 21, 2021
No it's a requirement for all temp. residence visa (i.e work, study ). It says 'No' because at the time of application you didn't upload an upfront Medicals.

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
No it's a requirement for all temp. residence visa (i.e work, study ). It says 'No' because at the time of application you didn't upload an upfront Medicals.
I’m not sure about this information. Plenty of people I know (Colombians applying from Colombia) that have applied for a study permit didn’t get medical request because Ale is correct.

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Does anyone knows if you can start classes online if you still don't have an answer of your study permit? Applied back in May 13 and did biometrics June 7 and I still don't have an answer from them but my classes start on September 13
It depends on you university/college! Mine lets me start online and since I have applied for my study permit before my course starts, any time spent studying outside of Canada without study permit approval, still counts for PGWP.

Ale1234

Aug 25, 2021
It depends on you university/college! Mine lets me start online and since I have applied for my study permit before my course starts, any time spent studying outside of Canada without study permit approval, still counts for PGWP.
Thank you! I wil send an email to my school. Still waiting for any updates