+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit change course from 1yr PG Cert to 2yrs Masters course

SmitaPushkar

Aug 12, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for a study permit from UAE for a 1 year Diploma course in Ontario, which now shows 'in progress'. Recently I was accepted at a much better and more prestigious university for a 2-year Masters degree course in Vancouver. Both courses start in 1st week of September.

Now here is my question - Should I wait for the original permit to be issued and then apply for an extension? Or should I submit my new acceptance letter with a cover note to the VFS requesting for an extension on the permit?

I'm reluctant to begin a new application process as with the 7 weeks processing time indicated for the permit I might not get the approval in time for my courses to begin.

One more query- the new college has a 4-month internship included as part of the last semester; is this permission included in the same visa?

Please help with your recommendations - I would appreciate any input from the readers.

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for a study permit from UAE for a 1 year Diploma course in Ontario, which now shows 'in progress'. Recently I was accepted at a much better and more prestigious university for a 2-year Masters degree course in Vancouver. Both courses start in 1st week of September.

Now here is my question - Should I wait for the original permit to be issued and then apply for an extension? Or should I submit my new acceptance letter with a cover note to the VFS requesting for an extension on the permit?

I'm reluctant to begin a new application process as with the 7 weeks processing time indicated for the permit I might not get the approval in time for my courses to begin.

One more query- the new college has a 4-month internship included as part of the last semester; is this permission included in the same visa?

Please help with your recommendations - I would appreciate any input from the readers.
No wait for the first permit approval, you can change after the approval of the permit is issued! So wait to get the first visa

Reactions: SmitaPushkar

SmitaPushkar

Aug 12, 2016
I have received the visa for 1 year :D but the course Im going for is a 2 year degree. Im aware that i can change the DLI on the CIC website. How can I get a 2 year visa?
@ericusdab ...pls help.

mirealket

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
I have received the visa for 1 year :D but the course Im going for is a 2 year degree. Im aware that i can change the DLI on the CIC website. How can I get a 2 year visa?
@ericusdab ...pls help.
Hello...congrats on ur visa ....when did you apply and when was your visa approved..I also applied from UAE online it been 7weeks already no msg from them..am kinda worried but still praying for good news

SmitaPushkar

Aug 12, 2016
Hello...congrats on ur visa ....when did you apply and when was your visa approved..I also applied from UAE online it been 7weeks already no msg from them..am kinda worried but still praying for good news
I applied at the end of June... it took exactly 4weeks for my visa to process.