Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
Hello,

I am in the process of submitting a study permit application for Fall 2017. I have obtained an admit at McGill for a Master's course.

I recently got married and my spouse is a Canadian PR. Would this negatively affect my chances of getting a study permit?

Please give me some advise on how I can prove to the VO that I am intending to really study and not just immigrate?

Thank you.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
alphaq said:
Hello,

I am in the process of submitting a study permit application for Fall 2017. I have obtained an admit at McGill for a Master's course.

I recently got married and my spouse is a Canadian PR. Would this negatively affect my chances of getting a study permit?

Please give me some advise on how I can prove to the VO that I am intending to really study and not just immigrate?

Thank you.
I think, it all depends on the Visa Officer. The best you can do is try to convince via your statement of purpose. Make sure, you are financially strong as well.

Dec 15, 2021
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi,
In a similar situation. Did you mention your spouse in your study permit SOP?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,
In a similar situation. Did you mention your spouse in your study permit SOP?
Is your spouse Permanent Resident? if yes, you need to disclose to the Immigration and address how to overcome ties in Canada. this is strong tie. Have you considered spousal sponsorship instead of Study permit? and apply as domestic student?

Dec 15, 2021
Is your spouse Permanent Resident? if yes, you need to disclose to the Immigration and address how to overcome ties in Canada. this is strong tie. Have you considered spousal sponsorship instead of Study permit? and apply as domestic student?
Can you give me ideas on how to overcome this tie.
My spouse is a Canadian citizen. And no I don't want to wait for spousal PR right now because it will take a lot of time to get approved. I need to join university by fall 2022. I am fully funded for graduate studies.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Can you give me ideas on how to overcome this tie.
My spouse is a Canadian citizen. And no I don't want to wait for spousal PR right now because it will take a lot of time to get approved. I need to join university by fall 2022. I am fully funded for graduate studies.
Processing time has resumed to normal for spousal sponsorship ( within 1 year). Current processing time for SP is long, why not starting application now and pay domestic tuition fee?

Dec 15, 2021
Processing time has resumed to normal for spousal sponsorship ( within 1 year). Current processing time for SP is long, why not starting application now and pay domestic tuition fee?
Fee is not an issue cuz my I have a fully funded graduate offer. I cannot apply for pr now bcuz it will take me 2 more months to collect documents relating to PR.