+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Chances for Grad Certificate program candidate

intrepid

Dec 20, 2015
Hi friends,

My profile is:

B.Com ( 80%), MBA ( CGPA 8.2 ), IELTS ( Above 7 ), 6 years work experience in Finance

I want to apply for 8 month Grad Certificate program at George Brown College. I am interested in International Business course. This course is inline with my industry experience and previous degrees. My questions are:

1. I have heard few cases wherein SPP study visa has been rejected for Grad Certificate program when candidate has already done Masters.

2. How to make Visa application strong so that rejection chance is reduced?

Experience friends, please help. Appreciate a lot.

abhi.jcm

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
intrepid said:
Hi friends,

My profile is:

B.Com ( 80%), MBA ( CGPA 8.2 ), IELTS ( Above 7 ), 6 years work experience in Finance

I want to apply for 8 month Grad Certificate program at George Brown College. I am interested in International Business course. This course is inline with my industry experience and previous degrees. My questions are:

1. I have heard few cases wherein SPP study visa has been rejected for Grad Certificate program when candidate has already done Masters.

2. How to make Visa application strong so that rejection chance is reduced?

Experience friends, please help. Appreciate a lot.
It all depends upon satisfying the Visa Officer. For this, you need to-
Draft a strong SOP and explain well about your interest in the program u r going to pursue. And also mention some experience in that field.
And show enough funds that u will not going to be a burden on their economy.
GoodLuck!

ckonanki

Feb 29, 2016
Hello Friends,

I am a post graduate (MBA) with 4 years of experience into risk management andI am planning to apply risk management and insurance diploma program in grant Macewan university but Ivan concerning about the visa. Whether visa officer will issue the visa or not. Please help me out in this.

Thanks for your help in advance.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Going for a graduate certificate program after mba will not be great, although a strong sop will help.Also this is a course which almost everyone atleast from India applies i.e international business or global business management.My advice will be to go for a university program with a strong sop that will surely make ur profile strong.

intrepid

Dec 20, 2015
Thank you very much friends for your generous comments. They act as a light in the dark.

1. Instead of Grad Certificate, do you suggest going for Advanced Diploma ... after doing an MBA from India. Does that increase chance for visa.

2. If I get admission in an Ontario College, and I apply for Visa under General Category and not under SPP, does that increase chance for Visa.

I see a lot of study visa get rejected because of "Your proposed studies is not in line with previous experience..." and embassy doubts if this candidate is going for immigration.

3. Can somebody please help with a strong SOP template? What good statement shall I make to prove that I dont have intention to stay in Canada, and the course that I am choosing in very much inline with my previous degree and work experience.

sunil.kaps

May 14, 2019
Thank you very much friends for your generous comments. They act as a light in the dark.

1. Instead of Grad Certificate, do you suggest going for Advanced Diploma ... after doing an MBA from India. Does that increase chance for visa.

2. If I get admission in an Ontario College, and I apply for Visa under General Category and not under SPP, does that increase chance for Visa.

I see a lot of study visa get rejected because of "Your proposed studies is not in line with previous experience..." and embassy doubts if this candidate is going for immigration.

3. Can somebody please help with a strong SOP template? What good statement shall I make to prove that I dont have intention to stay in Canada, and the course that I am choosing in very much inline with my previous degree and work experience.
hey did you receive your visa based on your MBA in graduate certificate program? let me know i am in same situation

thank you